Sharing or splitting 24/7 eyeliners

daphneM

My roommate and I were both lamenting that the 24/7 liners are huge (we'd never need to use that much of most of their colors!) and kind of expensive for us. We're thinking about getting 2 or 3 colors we both want, and cutting them in half with a serrated knife or saw (I could borrow from my b/f) or something. Has anyone ever tried this? Recommend or advise against? It just seems like such a perfect solution, esp. if we got some extra caps...of COURSE, the colors that tempt us most are not available in either of the mini sets.

blindpassion

You'd have to consider that you'd probably loose out on some product in the process. It might also be hard to sharpen the piece that you cut, because you'll have to create a tip, and the UD24/7's can break off very easily.

I would buy one and try it though, in theory it sounds like it would work.

daphneM

Thanks for the tips, blindpassion! We ended up doing it - we notched around the middle with a very sharp blade, then "sawed" into them with jeweler's files (flat, very fine ones), and then snapped - they broke very cleanly. We have our ends in the freezer now in the hopes that they will sharpen cleanly. I know we'll lose some product in having the sharpen the flat end, but it still feels worth it to get two colors for the price of one!
smiles.gif

I got Honey and she got Deviant - we agreed that each of us would keep the top half of our own choice. I've been lemming honey for ages, so I'm very excited!

blindpassion

Guys this thread is pretty old - if you read up before your posts, shes already talked about what they did and whether it worked or not.

aziajs

Well, actually she never updated to say whether they sharpened cleanly or if they had any other adverse events. I am curious myself as to how they actually worked out and if she did it with any more of the colors.

BlueMoonDoll

I love UD pencils, but they don't sharpen well with any sharpener but the one by UD. At $8, it is a steal for clean sharpening product.

MAChostage

I use an inexpensive sharpener I got years ago at Sally Beauty Supply (they still sell it). It has openings for both large and small pencils, and it works beautifully.