Sharing some work (a tad NSFW)....

aziza

Hello my lovelies!

I don't believe that I've shared any of my work with my Specktra buddies. I am such a beginner compared to many other artists...so be gentle with me
lol.gif

Click to enlarge the photo...

1st shoot:

I was sooooo nervous! My intent was to do clean beauty. Well that didnt happen lol. I had trouble matching the foundation too!

2nd:
I was so proud of myself!....and then I got the finished image. The 'tog PS'ed the picture to oblivion and then there were the color issues. Her face matched her chest perfectly but when I recieved the photo it looked like this. And I should have paid more attention to her brows.Ah...it happens. I thought the lip and cheek were lovely though.

Favoritest:

This shoot was fun! I worked my butt off too! Looking at the image now I see that her brows needed more work and I should have used some falsies. Maybe a little more color on her lips?

Latest:

This was actually done with another makeup artist who is actually a fellow Specktrette! ( Thank you BabyGirl09!) It took took a loooong time and I actually had to leave when he started shooting but BabyGirl stayed behind to do the touchups. I think the photo is beautiful. In retrospect I would have like to have slicked her hair back instead of the frizzy bun.

Right now my focus is on building a clean commercial book with more diversity. I also want to take some workshops on makeup for film. Another goal is to start networking and testing in earnest with photographers and other industry pros. I'll be updating this thread so keep an eye out!

aziza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel101
You did a great job! Beautiful work!

Thank you!
thmbup.gif

milamonster

oh my gosh! so great ! youre on model mayhem right? cuz i recognize the 2nd pictures. Well I think you did an awesome job! I was goign to ask you about mixing foundations and what your insight was (i just posted a new thread before i got to yours hahaha). And I actually think that the second oneis just right i like her lips and everything. And I'm loving the black eye in the first look. Did you use your cinema secrets cream foundaiton in these looks and mix them with a spatula?

aziza

Thanks girl! I am on MM. I actually mixed RCMA & Face Atelier for these right here. The colors that are in the RCMA palette that I have are very red toned...too red to be used on their own most of the time. The Face Atelier foundations run very yellow. I mixed a mint corrector (to help correct for the red in the RCMA), a lighter yellowy Face Atelier shade (also helps correct), and a darker RCMA shade to get the right shade for the last model.

The Cinema Secrets palette I have are already very warm so I usually don't have to correct for the redness
smiles.gif

Latest posts