Shattered MES Question

_Kaitie_

Hi ladies,

If a MES shattered, could you still use the powder as an e/s? Would it be similar to a pigment then, because it would be only powder? I've never seen one that was broken before, so I wasn't sure if it could still be used.

The colour is ether, btw.

Thanks!

Cherrymint

I think you can definitely use your eyeshadow in loose form (as long as the product you are using didn't come into contact with the floor or any unsanitary surface!) *maybe you can take a plastic ziplock bag and throw all the broken pieces in there to crush it all into a power then put it in a jar/container and use it that way* If you want a dupe for that eyeshadow MAC's website says you can duplicate it with Shimmermoss e/s and Black tied e/s (I would say you can also use Mont Black e/s in place of Black tied). Hope that helps!!
heart.gif

chynegal

Is either the blue color one....the same thing happend to mine I use it still I put it into a mac travle jar

Almond_Eyed

I'm just taking a wild stab at this, but I think there's a chance that you can repress the shadow:
  1. Take the broken pieces of the e/s and crush it as fine as you can in a small jar (keep the metal pan).
  2. Mix some rubbing alcohol in it until it forms a paste.
  3. Scoop the paste mixture back into the metal pan, tap the pan to make the paste settle in.
  4. Let it dry overnight.
  5. Next, take some fabric or cloth and place it over then pan, place a quarter on top of the fabric, and press down. The fabric will imprint the thread pattern on the eye shadow.
This is normally how you'd press pigments, might be worth a try.

-A

Mabelle

ive shattered a MES before. It wasnt broken to teeny bits, but the dome was broken off and there were some smaller bits. I just poured some alcohol on it, it was wet and a bit pasty, and then pressed it back together.