She Shines and We Plot!

ishtarchick

i was thinking of getting golder's green, but i tried it on first and it looked awfully chalky on me, bummer
ssad.gif
so i got nothing bc i'm broke and unimpressed by them.

pinkfeet

Well, we'll see.

I was planning on getting them all but with this hype if they are sold out they are sold out...I am not going to the mall until Friday night as I am meeting someone there.

So we'll see I guess! I was kinda excited about them but now...not much anymore....all this LE biz is getting me I think

wildesigns

I got all 7 because I'm anal that way. I ordered them Tuesday and they came Wednesday morning (yay!) They are about what I'd expected with a couple of exceptions...Sunnydaze is verrry similar to Coco but a tad more sparkly and Dazzle Ray is much prettier than I'd thought it would be, a nice warm sparkly gold. I thought it would be too much like Goldenaire (which I love but didn't need another of) but it doesn't have that damn peach cast to it. Shimmertime isn't as pink as I'd thought
ssad.gif
yet still nice. Golder's Green is a hybrid of Kelly Green and Chartreuse, IMO, and is my favorite. I love Sunpepper and it's exactly like Blue Brown without the blue duochrome, if that makes any sense. It's that 'wet rust' shade. Night Light is Golden Olive's wicked dark step-sister. Azreal Blue stands by itself and is a very pale icy blue.

All in all, they are mostly neutral shades and very wearable and the texture of all of these is great!
smiles.gif

MACActress

I got Sunpepper, Azreal Blue, Golders Green and Night Light

I thought for sure I wouldn't get Night Light, but I loved it when I swatched it. Now that I'm hearing about all the similar things, like Golden Olive and Greensmoke, well I'll still keep it because I love pigments. Since shimmertime looked so frosty on me I figured I wouldn't get that, because I could just use pink freeze or even a white pigment in place of that. Dazzleray and Sunnydaze I might go back to get, but I mixed tan and gold dusk, and pressed, it seems like it would be similar to Dazzleray. Sunnydaze didn't really stand out, but it is a pretty color =)

Azreal Blue was just too pretty, I didn't even swatch it I just got it. And I thought I would hate sunpepper but I loved it. Even if it is a pretty obvious mix, better to buy one pigment now than two later, although Blue Brown is on my list. And then Golder's Green I was going to get whether I liked it or not =P It just looked too pretty.

Winthrop44

My Night Light arrived yesterday and I LOVE it! 5 of the 9 She Shines pigments are sold out on the MAC site now, and of the 4 remaining ones 2 are the permanent shades....of the LEs just Shimmertime and Dazzleray are left.

PrettyKitty

I got:

- Sunnydaze
- Dazzleray
- Sunpepper
- Night Light

And samples of Shimmertime, Azreal Blue and Golder's Green. So now, I have all of them!

AudreyNicole

I got Shimmertime and Azreal Blue. I might go back for Dazzleray, Golders Green, and Sunpepper. I have samples of those on the way, and if I like them enough, I will buy the full size. Wonder how similar Dazzleray is to Gold Dusk though? Do I need both?

PrettyKitty

AudreyNicole; Yes you need both! Dazzle Ray is chunkier than the others, but I mix it with Mixing Medium or EZR and it's okay!

Gold Dusk is a light soft yellow compared to Dazzle Ray (Golden beige).

capspock

None. I think I’m alone here, but none of those colors made me go "ahhhh!!!" Golder’s Green maybe, but it’s so easy to achieve that shade just mixing Golden Olive with Kelly Green.

AimeeGoMeow

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie_070405
So far, the plan is to get all 7. They are LE and if they get gone I'll be very upset if I don't buy them. Golder's Green is already sold out on the mac website. The store in nashville will have them tomorrow....but I won't be up there till monday. I kinda know some of the mac employees at the cool springs location...so if they sell out of one at greenhills....I will ask the cs mac people to hold me one when they come out on the 29th. Gahhh....it sucks having 2 jobs to feed my mac addiction.

Green Hills still had all of the piggies yesterday! I picked up one each of the greens and two of Azreal Blue.

jinsy

you're def not alone here, capspock! much as i love to have new toys, i just don't find She Shines all that spectacular. but the girls dont make it easy for me on this thanks to their FOTDs *whip*
rofl.gif

Night Light looks sophisticated!

gretchygretch84

I've gotten two so far (golder's green and dazzleray), but that's b/c that was all I could afford at the time.

I'm planning on going back for the following:
-Night Light
-Sunpepper
and maybe Sunnydaze... the blue and the pink are the two i have no interest in.

litlaur

So I went to look at pigments today and didn't get a single one. The one I liked best was Dazzleray, but it ends up looking like a mess of sparkliness on my skin.