Shea Moisture COSMETICS!

MAChostage

I checked their FB page and Pinterest last night, haven't seen any of the Target stores within a 100 mile radius of me carrying this yet. I called 5 different Targets today as well and NOTHING. IT's so frustrating!!! One would think that they could tell you exactly which locations are carrying/will be carrying the stuff.
I have seriously been looking in every Target here for these. I wish they would give us a list of stores like they do for the clothing launches....

MissElle12

Aww damn. Im in NY and it's sold at almost all the Target's here. I wonder who in the corp. office makes the decision for which stores are on this "select" list? Is it based on demographics?

sagehen

AAARGH - so frustrated. Several of the SM cosmetics I would consider are not sold in stores and unavailable online. They don't want my money. That has to be it.

MissElle12

Maybe that will update sometime soon...sometimes it will say "not sold online, not sold in stores" for some items in their clothing collaborations--and then I'll see said item hanging on the rack in the store. I don't understand why are they making it so damn difficult to find out any information? There aren't even any blogger reviews or anything!!

@sagehen hope you find it soon! I highly recommend the pressed powder! I'm dying to try the lipstick crayons too.

sagehen

Maybe that will update sometime soon...sometimes it will say "not sold online, not sold in stores" for some items in their clothing collaborations--and then I'll see said item hanging on the rack in the store.  I don't understand why are they making it so damn difficult to find out any information?  There aren't even any blogger reviews or anything!! @sagehen  hope you find it soon!  I highly recommend the pressed powder!   I'm dying to try the lipstick crayons too.
I was thinking this too, that maybe I should just go into Target in an area I think I will find it and look. I might be surprised.I too want to try a pressed powder and one of those blushes. I am thinking it would be a great contour shade.

MissElle12

I was thinking this too, that maybe I should just go into Target in an area I think I will find it and look. I might be surprised.I too want to try a pressed powder and one of those blushes. I am thinking it would be a great contour shade.
I just thought of something--each item on the target website has a store item #. Maybe if you call a store they can do an item search of the in store stock, and where else would have the item in stock...

sagehen

I just thought of something--each item on the target website has a store item #.  Maybe if you call a store they can do an item search of the in store stock, and where else would have the item in stock...
I don't dare call the ones in my area. You can't even get them to find stuff with the sku number and a detailed description of the item. Besides - how will I get my little impulse items lol?

MAChostage

Target is prepping their website to sell this stuff online, but I don't want to be bothered with that until I can see this stuff in person and know what I actually like and which colors are best for me. I hate buying make up sight unseen online.

MAChostage

I sent them a message on FB asking if they can provide a foundation color chart (for what it may be worth). There's no Target anywhere near me that has this cosmetic line and it doesn't appear they will be getting it anytime soon, if it all. Looked at the foundation colors on the Target website and there are about five colors that look like ones I could wear. Surely that's not the case in real life.

sagehen

I sent them a message on FB asking if they can provide a foundation color chart (for what it may be worth). There's no Target anywhere near me that has this cosmetic line and it doesn't appear they will be getting it anytime soon, if it all. Looked at the foundation colors on the Target website and there are about five colors that look like ones I could wear. Surely that's not the case in real life.
Would you share this info (if you get it)? I am having the same issues and don't want to order sight unseen without a little reassurance about what will/may work.

Paint&Ink Chick

I'm almost interested in seeing swatches. I'm surprised I have not gotten any email on the makeup, as I'm their mailing list.

MAChostage

I'm on their list too and, although I have received coupons from them in the mail in the past, i've not yet received anything about their cosmetics so I don't think they've sent out anything about that yet.
I'm almost interested in seeing swatches. I'm surprised I have not gotten any email on the makeup, as I'm their mailing list.

MAChostage

I cannot convey how desperate I am to see/get my hands on this line. I will be in Birmingham in a couple of weeks and will be on the hunt!

msjaim

I commented on one their ig pics how they didnt have inserts and suggested testers and they deleted my comment as if I were being rude or snarky. Ive been using their products for over 19 years , when they just had soap bars!I just dont want to go through the hassle of returning items when it cld be avoided if they just set out testers.

beautyjunkie12

I'm pretty disgusted with SM and how they handle their distribution questions.I asked if it was coming to my city and they told me via their IG page to look at their Pinterest page for fan sitings. I'm sorry but I don't have time to shift thru thousands of pics to see if the line is carried in my area 8 Target stores. A company worth its salt will have a master distribution list on hand to answer such vital questions. Makes no sense to me. After I saw their response my husband said "screw it" and told me to stick to high-end and call it a day.

sagehen

I got my hands on some - I can't believe they were in the Target near my home. They removed Iman for Shea Moisture, so the balance of cosmetics for WOC remains the same.. I got the small empty palette, one pressed powder, a couple of e/s and blushes. I did not see a powder or liquid foundation that matched me well, but then again I didn't try hard. I have enough foundation. I was/am more curious about their color products. I am not a lip gloss girl so I left the lip gloss alone but I like that they have the little area where the applicator meets the tube where you can see the color. I was with my aunt and could not get her to bite either. I will be back later with the shade names and impressions.