Sheer Matte vs Sheer Glow Foundation

psmap85

Have been using fiji in the sheer glow foundation for a long time. Decided to get the sheer matte in the same color, fiji, to use for the summer. It seems that the matte shade is a little lighter then the glow foundation. Has anyone noticed this before. Should I go up in the matte shade.

Shadowy Lady

I'm able to wear Fiji in both Sheer Matte and Sheer Glow. Though in Sheer Matte Santa Fe is a bit of a better match. I'm NW25 for reference

saizine

I wear Siberia in the NARS Sheer Glow (my HG foundation), and I found that the Sheer Matte seemed to be more yellow, IMO. The two ranges do not run with the same color palette - the only thing you could do is swatch the closest shades in the Sheer Matte and see which works for you. HTH!

User38

I use Gobi most of the year
smiles.gif
I will sometimes mix in a sheer bronzer (BB in med) to get it a bit more tan when I want to be "bronzed"!

Dar

I bought Sheer glow last week and i wanted to love it and i do so much but it doesnt love my oily skin .. Is sheer matte as nice in finish and texture ?

Nastka

I'm wondering why no-one has mentioned their Firming Foundation yet. It's a great foundation, and not only for mature skin. I guess the word 'Firming' might be scaring most people off, along with the slightly higher price. I'm 24 years old and use the FF in Siberia because it runs lighter and is less yellow than both Sheer Glow and Sheer Matte.

jazmatazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastka
I'm wondering why no-one has mentioned their Firming Foundation yet. It's a great foundation, and not only for mature skin. I guess the word 'Firming' might be scaring most people off, along with the slightly higher price. I'm 24 years old and use the FF in Siberia because it runs lighter and is less yellow than both Sheer Glow and Sheer Matte.

I have tried a sample of the firming foundation and it was nice. Ultimately, as you mentioned the price tag scared me away. 42 for Sheer Glow seemed like a ton at the time and I think the firming is around 50.

Beauty11111

I got miniature sample pots of sheer glow, sheer matte and firming foundation in siberia on Monday and trialled them this week. The matte was slightly lighter than the glow when first applied but oxidized darker. The firming foundation had less yellow tones.

Some swatches I took in natural light:
sheer glow, sheer matte, firming foundation.
IMG_8525.jpg