Shimpagne or Porcelain Pink?

Tonitra

I did a search on this, but didn't quite find out what I wanted to know (then again I might have just missed it as there have been so many topics about MSF's, lol). So hopefully you all could offer me some advice on which to get when A Muse comes out?

I'm quite pale (NW15, blue eyes, blonde hair) and hopefully want an MSF that I can use for an all-over glow, but also as a light blush when applied heavier. Would Shimpagne or Porcelain Pink be better for this purpose?

Also, what colour is Shimpagne? In my mind it's pink, lol, but seeing the pictures in the upcoming collections thread confused me, and I wasn't sure which MSF was which. I'm of course assuming that Porcelain Pink is, well, pink.

Thanks everyone!

Vicky88

Shimpagne is a really pale bronzey, with slight hints of silver imo.

Honestly, both are for different purposes. As you're pale, both will suit you really well. Out of the two, I would personally choose Shimpagne as I think it's more versatile.

aziajs

Porcelain Pink is a pale pink with gold. Shimpagne is a pale bronze with silver. For you, I think either would work.

carol

I think both MSFs would work/show up on you. And since I'm almost your opposite in coloring, I can't give much help on which to choose. But I, personally, like Shimpagne -- it gives a nice glow-y shimmer all over. Whereas Porc. Pink didn't really do much/show up on me.

And shimpagne is a gold-ish bronze color.

These may help (from legacycollection):
Swatches of both:
http://legacycollection.org/mac/v/sw...ISHES.jpg.html

Shimpagne:
http://legacycollection.org/mac/v/ma...pagne.jpg.html

A second swatch of Porc. Pink:
http://legacycollection.org/mac/v/sw...s/msf.jpg.html

carol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonitra
Would Porcelain Pink be okay to use for all over? Or only as a blush?

I imagine it only as a blush, but I think some people do apply it all over/as a highlighter if it suits your skin tone (which I think it would for you?).

Designergirl9

I think if you are wanting something more versatile I would go with the Shimpagne. I was having the same dilemna as you I am a NW15 so I was debating to.

michy_mimi

I am an NW15 as well, and if you could only get one I would suggest Shimpagne, since it can be used all over and as said by ithers, is more versatile. Although if you can afford both, I would definately get both
smiles.gif

kittenluvsmac

I'm also NW15 and I have both Porcelain Pink and Shimpagne. I use Porcelain Pink almost every day, and it's my fave of all the MSFs that have ever been released. It gives me a very natural glow. I usually use it over blush. I rarely use my Shimpagne b/c I feel it gives a more obvious metallic good (as in not good for daytime). HTH

Tonitra

I think I'm def. going to get Shimpagne after hearing what everyone's said, but I think Porcelain Pink will be great as I need a nice pink blush anyways.

Okay, now I think I've decided on both, as they both sound and look great. *sigh* I new this would happen, and I'm only happy about it.
rofl.gif
This may just work out great seeing as how I'm not too thrilled with the eye shadow duos they're releasing at the same time.

Thanks everyone!

Latest posts