Shimpagne vs. Naked You

sbetsy

Are these two at all similar? Which do you prefer? Other than the glitter in the naked you, how would you describe the difference between them?
Thank you!

sbetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Naked you is darker.

Thank you. I'm considering purchasing shimpagne (for an inflated price lol) but I already own naked you. I love my msfs (naked you, stereo rose, petticoat) but I'm wondering if the fact that it is unavailable is the real reason why I'm interested in this one...

aziajs

I LOVE Naked You. I tried Shimpagne but it didn't work for me due to my complexion. A lot of people love it. I think they are very different. Naked You seems like a deeper, warmer color to me. It's still cool but it seems warmer than Shimpagne.

sbetsy

I'm pretty pale (NW20 or maybe NW25) but maybe since I already own naked you I should just not pay twice the retail of shimpagne! It's hard not to get carried away with msfs...I think that something similar will probably come out in the summer collection anyway. Thanks!

pumpkincat210

Naked You and Shimpagne are not alike. Naked You has more silver sparkles. Shimpagne goes on really smooth and pearly. I can put Naked You on my face more than shimpagne as it can make you look really shiny! Shimpagne is good all over your body especially if you have tan. I like them both, but for different reasons.

sbetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
Naked You and Shimpagne are not alike. Naked You has more silver sparkles. Shimpagne goes on really smooth and pearly. I can put Naked You on my face more than shimpagne as it can make you look really shiny! Shimpagne is good all over your body especially if you have tan. I like them both, but for different reasons.

Thank you - that was the best comment! Okay, so shimpagne leaves you shiny....sometimes shiny is good, but not always, you know?

asnbrb

i like shimpagne a lot more than naked you-- enough that i'm getting a backup later. i found on me shimpagne comes out GLOWY, not shiny (which happens a lot since i'm very oily) and i like to layer it over bright blushes like dollymix. naked you is very glittery and always needs to be buffed in VERY GOOD (which is not good in a rush).

sbetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by asnbrb
i like shimpagne a lot more than naked you-- enough that i'm getting a backup later. i found on me shimpagne comes out GLOWY, not shiny (which happens a lot since i'm very oily) and i like to layer it over bright blushes like dollymix. naked you is very glittery and always needs to be buffed in VERY GOOD (which is not good in a rush).

Oooh, glowy is good. Thank you!

REYNALD0C

Haha IMO I wouldnt wear my Naked You outside in the day, it looks like I got blasted with glitter. Probably I would wear Shimpagne out in the day though -- if I had it!

I love Naked You though =]

Glitziegal

I own both. I'm a NW20, Naked you is like a pale bronzer on me, it adds warmth. I haven't had a problem with the sparkles I just buff like theres no tomorrow. Shimpagne gives a radiance without a major colour payoff, so is great all year around.

Melody

Shimpagne is 10x better than Naked You. NY is darker, more bronzy, & glittery and often gets everywhere, Shimpagne is lighter tan & gives you a nice glow. I looove it.
msfs.gif

shimpnaked.gif

Janelleleo

Quote:
Naked You seems like a deeper, warmer color to me. It's still cool but it seems warmer than Shimpagne.

Agreed. I think Naked You showed up much better on me as well. I'm an NC45 and Shimpagne was a tad too cool toned for me. Naked You gave me a nice glow whereas Shimpange looked a little too silvery, they're both lovely and I like to mix my shimpange with Gold Deposit for a nice shimmer but I think Naked You is the better color for me personally. If anything though I'd say the two shades are different enough to stand on their own.

sbetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelleleo
Agreed. I think Naked You showed up much better on me as well. I'm an NC45 and Shimpagne was a tad too cool toned for me. Naked You gave me a nice glow whereas Shimpange looked a little too silvery, they're both lovely and I like to mix my shimpange with Gold Deposit for a nice shimmer but I think Naked You is the better color for me personally. If anything though I'd say the two shades are different enough to stand on their own.

Thank you! Your comments are especially helpful because you told me your skin tone
smiles.gif

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbetsy
Thank you! Your comments are especially helpful because you told me your skin tone
smiles.gif

You can also just take a look at our pics. I have one in my profile but I have also done several FOTDs.

nobella

i like both for different reasons shimpagne can be used every where and it gives you a pretty glow while naked you is more like a bronzer w/ glitter i think that i will use it a ton in the summer. definatly get both

Latest posts