Shiseido & NARS tomorrow!

SnowAngel1106

I have a phone interview tomorrow afternoon for Shiseido and NARS and I am FREAKING OUT! (We don't have MAC on this island lol) I've never had a cosmetics related occupation before and I have only used a couple (if that) of each of their products. I did look up info on their sites and found some stuff that I liked if they ask me to name my favorites, but what else should I do to prepare? What questions should I ask? I REALLY hope I get one of these jobs! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Wish me luck ladies!

LC

Is this for the bx? even if not, don't worry about it. In my experience with cosmetic retailers, including mac but not as often, you don't need any experience. I used to share a counter with shiseido at macys and they hired a girl who knew nothing, nor didn't care a lick about makeup...AND never wore it! same with clinique, estee, lancome, elizabeth arden, etc. They will hire anyone. So just express to them your passion for makeup and skincare (shiseido sells more skincare than makeup) and that you're a very goal oriented person (you'll have daily/weekly/monthly goals).

You can ask them what the average goal is per week, and if you get any type of commission. Ask them about dress code. Ask them about their training, how often, etc.

Goodluck chica!

SnowAngel1106

Yes ma'am, it's for the BX! I was super excited when I saw the ad in the paper! Even more excited that I got an email from them the day after I sent in my resume! lol

Thanks for the advice, lovie! I'll let you know how it goes!
smiles.gif

SnowAngel1106

The phone interview was a lot quicker than I had anticipated! It went well enough for me to get a face to face interview on Wednesday!
smiles.gif
I'll have to do a look or two on the hiring manager and/or makeup counter manager, so I'll be brushing up on my skills til Wednesday
winks.gif
She said I may just be a freelancing artist, on call for special base events and what not - but I'm cool with that too...just means I'll still be on the job hunt. I'm still excited though
thmbup.gif