Shite, I lost my job...

Jennifer Mcfly

...where did it go?
lol.gif

No, but seriously I was let go from my job yesterday. Such a shitty feeling! I've never been let go or fired. The company had to downsize per the bonding company b/c the president is a crack head who's been arrested twice in the past 2 months!!! It's a small company, about 14 in the office and another 40 in the field. (Construction Co.) so it was me and another girl from the office and few superintendents in the field who where laid off. I got a few weeks severence pay so hopefully that'll make finding another job easier. It's just such a shitty feeling. I mean, I'm just sitting there doing my work and the controller comes by and so nonchalantly say "michele, i'm sorry but we're gonna have to let you go.." i was just stunned, I couldn't say anything but ok as he rambled on about the reason and my severence pay and health insurance and such.
bleh.
why do they have to do it on a friday, ruins the damn weekend!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

d_flawless

sorry to hear the news.

good luck in searching for something else, at least now is a better time for the economy in general with the holiday season approaching...
smiles.gif

Eemaan

th_hug.gif
th_hug.gif
Thats awful, im so sorry
ssad.gif
hope something much better comes along where your boss isnt such an arsehole

grouphug2.gif

sexypuma

i am sorry to hear that. hopefully you find something else that will make you happy. personnally, everytime i lost a job, i got one that was better than the last one. so i believe that everytime you think that God closed a door he opens a better one for you.

Raerae

Bummer, it's a really bad feeling =(

I got let go for the first time at my previous job. They didn't even have the respect to do it in person. I got a phone call.

YvetteJeannine

I'm very sorry to hear this. Btw, what exactly happened...I'm not sure I understand why the company's bonding agency would want the boss (owner?) to downsize...especially if you're not working out there in the "field"..so to speak..Do you know what the reasons were?? Just curious.

I hope you find a job ASAP...I've no doubt, however that you will...Office skills are always in demand...companies are *forever* looking for a good office assistance...

Hopefully your severance pay will get you thru more easily....It's shitty what happened to you...but at least you have something to tide you over a bit for a while....Maybe no luxuries (no MAC
winks.gif
)....but at least you'll be able to survive whilst seeking/finding a new job.

I hope you find an even BETTER job!!

Good luck to you, girl!
smiles.gif

giz2000

I am sorry you lost your job....been there, done that. But remember that things happen for a reason, especially the totally unexpected ones...who knows...now you'll get a great job!

Good luck with the job search...
smiles.gif

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
Bummer, it's a really bad feeling =(

I got let go for the first time at my previous job. They didn't even have the respect to do it in person. I got a phone call.

you are lucky
I didnt even get a phone call...
I came into work on a monday and worked for 5 hours before I found out i had been "let go"
I didnt even get paid for it. . . I talked to my boss several times that day and the last time she mentioned that i had been laid off.. WHAT?!!?!? .she said she tried to call me friday at work... but i wasnt there.. because i was off that day. she should have known I was freakin off that day.

sad thing is. she did the same thing to one of my other co workers a few months later.. in the same manner..

Im sorry you lost your job. I know the feeling .
I broke my leg and got "laid off " promptly after.. it sucks

DaizyDeath

i know how it feels im looking for a new job myself now.
But hey it gives you a reason to try out for a job your really passionate for.

I promised myself this time around id only go for jobs that id actually want to work at no more o well its just for a little while jobs. Beacuse those are usually the ones you keep the longest and are misserable.

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
Aww, man. I thought you were a MAC artist though.

Thanks, I wish I were a MAC artist!
I may be an Estee Lauder artist soon though! Hopefully...

Jennifer Mcfly

Thanks girls for the support!! Good thing I at least still have my part time job at Dillards! I'm going to look for another office job and worse case I can take more hours at Dillards. I had a phone interview wednesday w/ Estee Lauder but they said (at the time) my hours might not be enough...
But, I called back friday and said my availability changed and I can work full time b/c that's what they wanted and at the time I told them it was financial the reason for not going full time with them. God damn if I only knew right....

So, hopefully I'll hear back with good news! :crosses fingers:

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteJeannine
I'm very sorry to hear this. Btw, what exactly happened...I'm not sure I understand why the company's bonding agency would want the boss (owner?) to downsize...especially if you're not working out there in the "field"..so to speak..Do you know what the reasons were?? Just curious.

I hope you find a job ASAP...I've no doubt, however that you will...Office skills are always in demand...companies are *forever* looking for a good office assistance...

Hopefully your severance pay will get you thru more easily....It's shitty what happened to you...but at least you have something to tide you over a bit for a while....Maybe no luxuries (no MAC
winks.gif
)....but at least you'll be able to survive whilst seeking/finding a new job.

I hope you find an even BETTER job!!

Good luck to you, girl!
smiles.gif

they had to cut overhead costs. they had three office girls and i guess they figured one would be enough...ergo two of us were let go.

Thanks for the good wishes about finding something else!
smiles.gif

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaizyDeath
I promised myself this time around id only go for jobs that id actually want to work at no more o well its just for a little while jobs. Beacuse those are usually the ones you keep the longest and are misserable.

That is so very true.

AudreyNicole

Awww that sucks Michelle! I am so sorry to hear that! Good luck with your job search - hope EL comes through for you!
smiles.gif

ebonyannette

Any updates?
Im in the middle of this retarded thing with the company I work for too. if I dont get my numbers up Im out of here in 2 weeks! Too much Specktra I guess!

Jennifer Mcfly

::Update::

Well, the EL thing doesn't seem to be going as planned. I called the regional manager I interviewed with three times with no call back!
ssad.gif

It's going on 3 weeks i've been unemployed. I've been on about 5 interviews, I know...not alot, but there's not much out there that is appealing. Yeah, I'm being picky...
Anyway, I have an interview this morning for an Accounts Manager position with a Tile Company so we'll see how that goes...

I've been meaning to post my boring interview FOTD's but my camera sucks...at least to me it does. I seem to be the only one b/c 3 people in our family have the same camera and all love it
th_dunno.gif

eh, oh well.

I'll keep ya posted!

ebonyannette

^ Well stay encouraged something will good will come up soon enough.
3 weeks isnt bad really, I work in real estate and I have gone for 2-3 months without anything
ssad.gif
real estate is so up and down, when its good you cant get a minute off of work but when its bad you cant find work to save your life!

Latest posts