Shoe Obssesion

Jessica

OK so, I have at least 30 pairs of shoes if not more (and always on the hunt for more) and my lil' sis' thinks that I have a problem.
I have twice as many different eyeshadows and neither of us see a problem with that.
What do you guys think?

PnkCosmo

Defintely not a problem for your age!
winks.gif

I'm about the same age as you, and we tend to collect more shoes as we get older. The more shoes you have, the less likely they are to get worn out; so you don't end up having to throw any away.

Even if you only bought 3-5 pairs a year, it would still add up if you aren't tossing any out.

I remember when I was a teen, I think I only had 4-5 pairs of shoes!! Ack!! How did I get by?!?!

Jessica

I almost purchased another pair tonight, but Janice gave me the "look", so I regressed.
They were really cute strappy black 2 1/2" heels with this cool dark grey rhinestone snake wrapped around the straps with red eyes. They were even marked down to $50 something from $200+.
It took a lot for me to so no.

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
I almost purchased another pair tonight, but Janice gave me the "look", so I regressed.
They were really cute strappy black 2 1/2" heels with this cool dark grey rhinestone snake wrapped around the straps with red eyes. They were even marked down to $50 something from $200+.
It took a lot for me to so no.

LOL!!

Do you gals live near each other?

*jealous* :p I wish someone could come & visit me!!

Well, I get to see MizMac tomorrow night! Yay!

Jessica

Yeah, we live pretty close. Though at opposite ends of Austin. We have river issues. I'm a north austin gal and Janice is a south austin hippie (Just joking)

Juneplum

oh girrll, there is NOTHING wrong with a shoe obsession!
th_wink3.gif
my hubby MADE me count my shoes 2 weekends ago after i went out and bought the most adorable coach heels...limited edition pink satin with a rhinestone buckle.. CUUUTE!!! there were 86 pairs in my closet
icon_eek.gif
.. nuff said! :twisted:

Sanne

My feet are so big I can hardly find any shoes...I really want some pretty heels, but I can't fit into anything!! My last pair of heels I bought were platform shoes
smiles.gif

singinmys0ng

omg ..i am the same way..there is this place here called marti and liz and they have all name brands like nine west,steve madden and all that..and i swear on average there shoes are $18.00-$30.00 and ALL name brands..i love it!!

mrsdivajen

Hey guys...
Yeah, lately I've been collecting more and more shoes...I just bought a pair of Nike Shocks and holy cow are they amazing...it's ok, women are known to love shoes, my husband has literally...3 pairs of shoes, and he hasn't bought a pair in like 2 years. It's absurd! But he doesn't care, he's a simple man, and the less for him the more for me I guess...but you know, Old Navy has the CUTEST flip flops out right now and they are only around 3-4 bucks a pair. I bought about 6 pairs and can't wait for it to be warm enough to wear them!!!

Elorien

Shoe collecting is aaabsolutely normal
greengrin.gif

I only have one or two pairs I wear though, because cheap shoes tend not to fit me so I can't afford to be a collector
ssad.gif

mrsdivajen - 3 pairs, wow! my SO wears the same pair of running shoes everywhere, all year round, and has one pair of boots in case it snows. :p

Juneplum

lol elorien! my dear hubby has all of 5 pairs: his sneakers that NEED to be thrown away, a black dress shoe, brown dress shoe, a tan dress shoe and pair of loafers..hee hee hee.. i dunno HOW he manages, but he does! men!

jamiemeng

my sister who is 16. She has more jordans than I do. She has five pairs of jordans while I only have one pair. That's ridiculous because she asked my dad to spend a lot of money for her to buy those shoes. I am so angry at her for even buying those shoes. Thanks

mspixieears

Jamiemeng, sounds EXACTLY like my brother! I don't have very many pairs of shoes, for a 20-something girl, even my mum nags me about it.

If it were easier to find things in my size clothes and shoe-wise, I'd definitely spend more. Perhaps that's why I got into m/u in the first place - even the same (popular) colour can suit - therefore 'fit' - so many people, unlike me searching for slender-fitting shoes in my size (wider sizes are much more common in Australia).

Probably explains why I spent so much money on books & CDs when I wasn't into beauty stuff. Anyone else experienced the same thing?

jamiemeng

thanks mspixieears for your information. I really do appericate it a lot. I am older than her. I should get more shoes. But I dont. Thanks

ambriel

I'm a total shoe junkie! I bet I have at least 100 pairs of shoes and boots! My finance tells me I have Emilda Marcosis!
rofl.gif

Jessica

Oh Ambriel--your a godsend. You share my passion.

My husband has 2 pairs of dress shoes, 1 pair of Etnies (he only upgrades when the soles are about to fall off and all of the stitching is worn out) and a pair of flip-flops that he's had for at least 3-4 seasons.
Everytime he notices another pair of shoes he says "Hmm, when did you get those?" My classic answer is "oh, I've had them a while." Like 30 seconds!!!
He's such an easy going guy and accepts that I have my obsessions:MU, Shoes, Fabric, and vintage brooches.
I think he summed it up pretty well the other day when he said
"when you want sonething you have to have EVERYTHING that has to do with it." then laughed and said silly girl
I Love my man.
Sorry to bore you guys, but I had to share a little bit about my DH.
smiles.gif

ambriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
Oh Ambriel--your a godsend. You share my passion.

My husband has 2 pairs of dress shoes, 1 pair of Etnies (he only upgrades when the soles are about to fall off and all of the stitching is worn out) and a pair of flip-flops that he's had for at least 3-4 seasons.
Everytime he notices another pair of shoes he says "Hmm, when did you get those?" My classic answer is "oh, I've had them a while." Like 30 seconds!!!
He's such an easy going guy and accepts that I have my obsessions:MU, Shoes, Fabric, and vintage brooches.
I think he summed it up pretty well the other day when he said
"when you want sonething you have to have EVERYTHING that has to do with it." then laughed and said silly girl
I Love my man.
Sorry to bore you guys, but I had to share a little bit about my DH.
smiles.gif

Hey Jessica!

My hunny teases me about my obsessions with shoes and MAC, but he always says "you could have worse addictions"!
smiles.gif
He's a sweetie! He's like your hunny....maybe 3 pairs of dress shoes and a couple of pairs of sneakers and a pair of sandals, that's it...and me, well, I fill our closet plus some!
smiles.gif
I love my man too and I'm soon to be his wife
eyelove.gif
I can't wait!