Shoplifters at the MAC Store

noturavgurl

Ok, so I feel like such a stupid dumb ass right now and you'll see why:
I was at the mac store today with my friend and we were browsing around, (love the new matte squared shadows btw SOOO fab), and these two girls came in. they came over to the eyeshadow table we were looking at. they asked the MA a question and the next thing i know one girl is just grabbing eyeshadows and stuffing them into her bag. it was pretty much the most disturbing thing i have ever seen. and they moved around the store just stuffing things in their bags. i was amazed at how they were just not scared and the MAs didn't even seem to notice at all..i really wished i had said something now but at the moment i think i was just so angry and in shock. or maybe i was just scared to say anything. but it really was so disturbing. i mean, mac MAs are so nice and they are so helpful...i mean, it's just so messed up. i really regret not saying anything, but at that moment, it's like i was just paralyzed or something..what would u have done? if there are any mac MA's reading this...have u ever had to stop shoplifters?

th_remoteImage-61.gif
, but also
ssad.gif

shadowaddict

Don't blame yourself. I don't think any of us knows how we would react to something unless we are there. And besides you had no idea if they had a gun or something. You were shocked at what you were seeing and that is OK. You just don't expect that kind of crap while you are in a MAC store. It just blows me away that they would even try this. I mean most MAC stores aren't that big, so it's not like you can hide behind something like where you might have large clothes racks. Did the ma's notice before the girls left or what happened? But ease up on yourself and just be glad it wasn't some crazy fool out to hurt someone.

MACATTAK

I think I would have said something privately to a MA...were they stealing testers? If so, gross. Regardless it's wrong. Don't worry about it, it's one of those things that you can't believe you are seeing. Eventually these thieves will get caught, and get in lots of trouble
smiles.gif

Shimmer

I would, if I ever saw it again, call over to the nearest MA and be like "Hey I think these girls want to see these shadows, they've expressed interest!"

MAC_Pixie04

When we see someone stealing from our store, we're not allowed to confront them or try to stop them. You never know if they're hostile, if they have a weapon or if they're simply crazy. And you don't wanna risk a lawsuit. Even if they did steal, and you physically see them do it, if you (I'm speaking from an employee point of view) accuse them of stealing, they can sue you for defamation or some ridiculous charge (slander perhaps? i dunno someone set me straight on this). Don't feel bad that you didn't say anything, I probably would have just stood there with my trap open wondering who the hell gets so bold to do something like that. You're not a security guard or a police officer, so it's not your job to go playing good samaritan and get yourself hurt, killed, or sued.

Typically when I see someone steal something I'll walk over with the item and ask them if they've seen it or tried it or if they'd like a sample. In their mind it sets of the "Fuck, she saw me" alarm. They usually dump the item(s) somewhere and leave empty handed.

amoona

Girl don't feel bad people are gross and steal our testers all the time. You're better off not saying anything while the girls are in the store anyway but I'm sure the MAs figured it out when they left. I don't know how stores work but at the counter when someone is sketchy or we see someone taking it we call Bloomingdales LP. They're always watching our counter because people steal from MAC more then they steal anything else in the store.

faifai

With idiot teenage girls, I would've definitely said something. And it would've probably been aggressively to the point and along the lines of "What the fuck do you think you're doing? Everyone in the store can SEE you stuffing all that into your bag!" If they try to do anything to me then after I've called them out on their behavior, I would not hesitate to call security on them.

noturavgurl

=)) thanks, you guys..i feel much better now. i mean it, y'all are great!!
i was thinking that i hope they get caught at some store where they'll really, really get into deep sh*t. but yea, they were stealing testers, but i saw them behind the tables so they mightve been snatching from the drawers too. they actually left, and i dont think the MAs noticed the missing stuff...tho it was pretty obvious cuz there were so many missing spots! god that sucks!