Shopping in Brisbane, Australia?

ashschu

Hi guys!

I am going to the Brisbane area for a month in August to visit family. I figure I will more than likely be doing a bit of shopping and browsing because let's be honest, I will go nuts if I don't in a month! lol

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone here can give me any recommendations on some good shops or areas to visit? I have been once before and so have been along the Queen St Mall....but I didn't really know what shops were worth my money, KWIM? I didn't want to shop somewhere just cause it was reasonable only to find the clothes only fell apart after one wash (which actually did happen with a few things I picked up last time!)

I have a few things I am looking for specifically as well, if anyone could help me with where to go!

Lucas PawPaw Ointment - I NEED to buy this by the bucketload! LOVE IT! Can I find this at pretty much any chemist or is it only sold at certain shops?

Napoleon Perdis - I would like to see this IRL. Where can I find a shop that carries it? Meyers?

UGGs - a friend of mine is hoping I can get these for her cheaper than she can find in Canada. Does anyone know where a good place to pick some up would be? Or somewhere that sells them cheaper or has sales frequently? They need to be authentic.

Also - if anyone who lives in or has been to the area has any tips on some fun things to do I would appreciate them! Last visit we spent a lot of time elsewhere (Gold Coast, Noosa etc) but this time we are staying pretty close to Brisbane so need to fill our days without traveling very far. This is a family affair so shopping and beaching everyday is not in the cards, lol!

Thanks!

lizzymcfizzy

hello! I am from Australia but not QLD so I can't say anything about the shopping district. Have you tried posting in the Australian region section of specktra?

As for activites here is a link to a website that lists lots of things you can do in Brissy. Queensland Holidays - Queensland Tourism & Travel - Queensland Holidays

Brisbane Australia Tourist Information - Queensland Holidays

I hope that helps!
smiles.gif

PS I also love the pawpaw balm. You can buy it in most chemists and supermarkets here.

Napolen - I looked up the website and there are a few stockists in Brisbane, mostly "Amcal" chemists. Napoleon Perdis

UGGS - make sure you buy the brand name UGGS. Not anything else.
smiles.gif
I also highly recommend UGGS!
greengrin.gif
they are so warm and comfy.
I don't know of any suppliers in QLD sorry. Quite a few listings come up on google when I search UGG Boots QLD.

this site sells them overseas and gives you an indication of authencitity and the big war on using the name "UGGS". not many people in the US have heard of that. Mortels♥Sheepskin♥Factory
and how to buy the right size

How do I know if I have the correct size?
So you have bought a pair of sheepskin footwear and maybe you think they are too tight? Excellent! Sheepskin is one of those unusual materials of which there is no equivalent. Most people know that leather shoes stretch, well with sheepskin shoes this happens even more so.

A good fit means the shoe is nice and firm - almost to the point of being a little uncomfortable due to the fact that they will stretch. Another key factor is that the wool compresses with your weight and contours to the shape of your feet.

A good rule of thumb is that if you place your bare foot on the bottom of the sole (outer side) with your heel lined up with the heel of the boot and there is 2.5 to 3cm (say 1 and a 1/4 inch) between the end of your big toe and the front end of the sole then these are perfect. Any more than that and they will be quite roomy once the wool has flattened and the skin has stretched.

pps- you're coming here in our winter??? you're mad! lol

ashschu

Thanks for your help! That's interesting about the boot sizes - makes me a bit nervous to pick them up for her now in case she is unhappy with the fit.....hhhhmmmm have to see what I can do!

So Amcal is just a chain of chemists then? Maybe I can kill two birds and find the pawpaw cream there as well. That stuff is HEAVEN SENT!! I seriously think it might even cure cancer! lol

And yeah - I know about coming in your winter.....but seriously, Brissy is still hot as in August! Last time we came it was hitting 30 degrees some days and it was ocean weather almost the whole month we were there! Plus it's the off season for you guys so that certainly makes things more affordable and less crowded!

Thanks again for your help!

Brie

Hi,
I'm actually on the Gold Coast (about an hour away) but i can help you with a few things

Brisbane Concept Store
Shop 1 / 99 Elizabeth St
Brisbane Queensland 4000
Phone 07 3003 0533
Fax 07 3003 0566
That's the Napoleon free standing store in Brisbane (best bet is to go there!)

Paw Paw stuff is everywhere!

Shops ?? I'm not too sure except the DFO near the airport I hear amazing things!!!!

all the sales will still be going on too i bet