Should I call them now?

ArelysAdriana

Ok, so this is going to be a bit long, so I thank anyone who reads the whole thing in advance
smiles.gif

I moved from Orlando to Miami for a job in June, but decided I hated Miami and my job so I moved to Palm Beach where my parents live. I was trying to move back to Orlando, but I needed a job first. I stopped at the MAC store the first week of July to pick up something and decided why the hell not, I'll ask if they are hiring. They were! The manager was super sweet and told me to come in for an interview the very next day.

I went to my interview and it went pretty well. They had me go talk to one of the regional mangers (at least that is what I think she was) and she had me come back in an hour for a demo. I did the demo and it went pretty well and they said they would call me back within a few days.

Well, they didn't and I didn't hear anything from them until the last week of August. The super sweet manager called me on a Tuesday at 6pm and asked me to come in the next day for another interview with the same regional manager because they had another position open up and they wanted me to fill it. At this time I was still stuck in Palm Beach so I dropped everything I was doing and drove that night to Orlando so I could go on the interview the next day.

The interview was pretty short, she just asked me a bunch of the same questions that she asked before, but it went well. She also asked me which store I would rather work at because there was position available at two different stores in two different malls. She said she would call me within two weeks to get my paperwork started and let me know which store she would put me in because the other manager she had to talk to was going to be on vacation the following week.

They never called and I completely spaced out on calling to check up because I ended up getting a job elsewhere and moving back to Orlando.

Well, my job sucks (I'm a receptionist for a small company) and I really want to leave. I'm horribly afraid that this company is a scam and I don't want to be involved with it anymore.

I'm wondering if I should go to MAC and try to talk to the super sweet manager again or even call her and talk to her, but I have no idea what to say to her! I don't know if I even should talk to her since my last interview was with the regional manager and not her.

Any advice?
Thanks so much!
eyelove.gif

CantAffordMAC

well, personally, I think you should call the manager and talk to her about it. Just let her know that you had some things going on in your life and maybe tell her that you relocated but are still very interested in the job. you never know until you give it a shot. I definetly think you should call her, and explain your story and still try for the job. With any job you apply for, they can take extremely long getting back to you (if they contact you at all). From what I've heard about MAC, you have to really stay on top of it.

Good luck girl! You sound like a sweetheart, I'm sure she'll understand.
wavey.gif

ArelysAdriana

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
well, personally, I think you should call the manager and talk to her about it. Just let her know that you had some things going on in your life and maybe tell her that you relocated but are still very interested in the job. you never know until you give it a shot. I definetly think you should call her, and explain your story and still try for the job. With any job you apply for, they can take extremely long getting back to you (if they contact you at all). From what I've heard about MAC, you have to really stay on top of it.

Good luck girl! You sound like a sweetheart, I'm sure she'll understand.
wavey.gif

Thanks! I'm calling her today, hopefully all goes well
smiles.gif