Should I get Nightsky pencil from Sweetie Cake

wannabelyn

I'm about to finalize my order
i've ordered every single soft sparkle pencil 'cept for Nightsky (black with glitter) and the blue pencil.

i have small single eye lid asian eyes so plain black is too heavy for me. makes my eyes look even smaller. so i thought maybe nightsky would work for me.

i'm really on the fence about Nightsky. For those of you who have just purchased it, have a swatch of it or tried it, give me some advice pls...
th_worship.gif
i would really appreciate it
cry.gif

how versatile do you think nightsky would be?

karen

I'm on the fence about all of these glitter pencils. I keep hearing people talk about glitter falling all over them. I'm going to try them out at Nordstroms in a few hours. I can let you know what I think tonight.

Generally speaking,though. I don't think black eyeliner is very flattering on anyone... even with a bit of sparkle(we had a similar colour with a brand I used to work for). Off the top of my head, I would say no.
But if you keep thinking about it, order it. better to try it and dislike it than to not try it and have it be sold out, as well as continuing to wish you had bought it.

wannabelyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen
I'm on the fence about all of these glitter pencils. I keep hearing people talk about glitter falling all over them. I'm going to try them out at Nordstroms in a few hours. I can let you know what I think tonight.

Generally speaking,though. I don't think black eyeliner is very flattering on anyone... even with a bit of sparkle(we had a similar colour with a brand I used to work for). Off the top of my head, I would say no.
But if you keep thinking about it, order it. better to try it and dislike it than to not try it and have it be sold out, as well as continuing to wish you had bought it.

oh thankyou!
let me know how it goes at the store...
how glitterish, how metallic, and if it's easier to apply....
can't wait!! thanks so much!!

karen

no problem. I'll be sure to remember to check those particular qualities of the colour for you.
smiles.gif

mspixieears

I'm Indian-Asian, and the fluidline Blitz & Glitz which is black and has microsparkles of gold and silver seems to work on me really well, but the only reasoh I decided not to get Nightsky was it might be too similar to B&G. I was very tempted to get it though!

karen

I just got back from trying it. It really wasn't all that different from regular black, as I figured. The sparkle pretty much comes loose from the line; and ends up on the skin around the line, rather than mixed in with the line itself. Totally not worth it, imo.
Not metallic at all, btw. And the pencil itself was fairly soft... Maybe a bit more solid than the Eye Kohls.

wannabelyn

Quote:
I just got back from trying it. It really wasn't all that different from regular black, as I figured. The sparkle pretty much comes loose from the line; and ends up on the skin around the line, rather than mixed in with the line itself. Totally not worth it, imo.
Not metallic at all, btw. And the pencil itself was fairly soft... Maybe a bit more solid than the Eye Kohls.

hooray!! thanks for letting me know!! i just found the swatches from LJ, half an hour ago. didn't look too impressive. nightsky seems to look so much different from the other pencils
ssad.gif
the glitter in nightsky looks so scattered. did you like the other pencils?
http://community.livejournal.com/mac...711#t192330711

karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabelyn
hooray!! thanks for letting me know!! i just found the swatches from LJ, half an hour ago. didn't look too impressive. nightsky seems to look so much different from the other pencils
ssad.gif
the glitter in nightsky looks so scattered. did you like the other pencils?
http://community.livejournal.com/mac...711#t192330711

I only wanted to try 2 of them(peacocked and ultra-chill). they had peacock... which just looked like minted eye kohl, again, with scattered glitter. ultra-chill wasn't in stock, but after seeing the others, I probably won't bother to go back and try it out. totally not impressed with the glitter liners.

the quad wasn't very pretty in person either
ssad.gif

I ended up buying glaze petit gloss, pink merengue lipglass, and apricot pink pigment. Also got 3 back to MAC l/s(non-sweetie cake stuff).
I would've bought plum parfait petit gloss, but they hadn't gotten those in yet either.

wannabelyn

Quote:
I only wanted to try 2 of them(peacocked and ultra-chill). they had peacock... which just looked like minted eye kohl, again, with scattered glitter. ultra-chill wasn't in stock, but after seeing the others, I probably won't bother to go back and try it out. totally not impressed with the glitter liners.

the quad wasn't very pretty in person either
ssad.gif

I ended up buying glaze petit gloss, pink merengue lipglass, and apricot pink pigment. Also got 3 back to MAC l/s(non-sweetie cake stuff).
I would've bought plum parfait petit gloss, but they hadn't gotten those in yet either.

i don't fancy the eye quads a lot either. i think i prefer metallic/glittery stuff. the colours for the quad don't really suit me either.

i'm still tempted to get the culturebloom flowering quad. still undecisive
weeping.gif

i was very attracted to the petit four gloss...tell me about it if you don't mind? it's quite corally yeah?

karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabelyn
i don't fancy the eye quads a lot either. i think i prefer metallic/glittery stuff. the colours for the quad don't really suit me either.

i'm still tempted to get the culturebloom flowering quad. still undecisive
weeping.gif

i was very attracted to the petit four gloss...tell me about it if you don't mind? it's quite corally yeah?

the lipglass "petit four"? yes, it was a thick coral colour. quite a bit opaque, too. a little too milky for my taste, though.

lovejam

Eesh. I wanted Nightsky until I read this. I'm glad someone tried it and let us know it's no different from any other black eyeliner. Black eyeliner is too harsh for me, so I think I'll focus on getting Iris Accents instead!

BlahWah

I don't have Nightsky, but I haven't had any glitter fallout issues with Iris Accents or Reflecto, and the MA I talked to used Nightsky smoked out on her outer lid and all the glitter was in place. I'll be getting it, but maybe it's cuz I don't have a black liner, but I think I'd get it even if I did. I'll be going back for that and Ultrachill (which to me is like Hypnotique w/ sparkles, or a liner version of Shimmermint w/ sparkles).

If you want a swatch of it, someone on MUA has done one (I didn't want to lift the pic so I didn't post it here; id is ncjame03). It may be like Blitz & Glitz (I don't have it so I can't compare), but as someone pointed out to me when I was debating over Violet Underground (b/c of sims to Macroviolet w/ a certain e/s on top) an eye pencil is much faster to apply, and this eye khol is easier to smudge out.

HTH!

wannabelyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
I don't have Nightsky, but I haven't had any glitter fallout issues with Iris Accents or Reflecto, and the MA I talked to used Nightsky smoked out on her outer lid and all the glitter was in place. I'll be getting it, but maybe it's cuz I don't have a black liner, but I think I'd get it even if I did. I'll be going back for that and Ultrachill (which to me is like Hypnotique w/ sparkles, or a liner version of Shimmermint w/ sparkles).

If you want a swatch of it, someone on MUA has done one (I didn't want to lift the pic so I didn't post it here; id is ncjame03). It may be like Blitz & Glitz (I don't have it so I can't compare), but as someone pointed out to me when I was debating over Violet Underground (b/c of sims to Macroviolet w/ a certain e/s on top) an eye pencil is much faster to apply, and this eye khol is easier to smudge out.

HTH!

thanks for suggesting that
i even saw pictures of ppl applying nightsky onto their eyes...
i'm quite disappointed
weeping.gif
i felt that that didn't impress me at all.
there was hardly and sparkle feeling to it.

bellaetoile

i hate blitz and glitz. i have all the glitterliners from MAC (the liquid ones) and never use them. i don't even really like glitter, even though i've tried glitter pencils from like, 3 other brands. yet somehow, i decided i needed all 4 pencils when i got sweetiecake, and liked them so well i went back and bought the 5th one last night...they really are amazing...they go on SO smooth, stay on through a night of partying (with a little fix+ help), and really look gorgeous. i'd say get night sky, especially, because it just adds a little *sparkle* to a look that might otherwise be kinda boring with plain eyeliner..

ralenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile
i hate blitz and glitz. i have all the glitterliners from MAC (the liquid ones) and never use them. i don't even really like glitter, even though i've tried glitter pencils from like, 3 other brands. yet somehow, i decided i needed all 4 pencils when i got sweetiecake, and liked them so well i went back and bought the 5th one last night...they really are amazing...they go on SO smooth, stay on through a night of partying (with a little fix+ help), and really look gorgeous. i'd say get night sky, especially, because it just adds a little *sparkle* to a look that might otherwise be kinda boring with plain eyeliner..

I'm glad someone had a positive experience with them. I'm getting nervous as mine have yet to arrive and I want to play with them.
smiles.gif

jmdulock

I wore Iris Accents last night and after a night of dancing the glitter was still there. I think it looked great and I got lots of compliments on it. I only lined the top with it though so I don't know if that made a difference.

lindsay

when i use my nightsky, personally, i hardly even can tell it has glitter in it! in comparison, when i use peacocked... now that's glittery! but nightsky it's that great, yes it lasts and it's a pretty color (definitely COMPLETELY different from blitz&glitz), but it's not special. so if you have other black liners, i would pass. but peacocked is GORGEOUS!

wannabelyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay
when i use my nightsky, personally, i hardly even can tell it has glitter in it! in comparison, when i use peacocked... now that's glittery! but nightsky it's that great, yes it lasts and it's a pretty color (definitely COMPLETELY different from blitz&glitz), but it's not special. so if you have other black liners, i would pass. but peacocked is GORGEOUS!

i cant' wait to get my peacocked
i didn't order nightsky in the end.
in the swatches everything looked so glittery except for nightsky and i relaly wanted something like..maybe a metallic black. i'm not making sense
my friend found a counter that still had peacocky (glitter liner)
so i can't wait to get that too!!

FlaLadyB

wannabelyn...can't message your for some reason, but...would appreciate good feedback for me when you get a chance! THANKS!

Barb

joytheobscure

I bought it - haven't used it yet, but it was so pretty in the store I couldn't resist. Plus I liked the name... If I'd have seen this thread I might have resisted it.

Latest posts