Should I return Parrot e/s?

xphoxbex

Okay, I'm probably gonna get yelled at after this..

But should I return Parrot?

I feel like I have a lot of colors that look like it.

And I don't know what to wear it with anymore
ssad.gif

So should I? yes or no?

foreverymoment

i think that if you're unhappy with it or don't see yourself using it, you should either return it or try to swap/sell it.

I can't see keeping things you won't use, even if it is because it's a big h2f item...i give so much of mine away because i don't like it...

browneyedbaby

I agree. If you're even thinking about returning it then you can't be happy with it.... exchange it for something you REALLY love

lethaldesign

Return it or sell it if you don't think you will use it. I've always thought it was silly to keep things you'll never use.

urbanlilyfairy

i agree with everyone else ..no use in keeping something your not going to use ..and would be logical to return it and get something you will lvoe and use often.

amoona

Don't return it. If you don't like it sell it online. People go ape sh-t over it, we still get people coming in constantly asking for it and we sold out of it almost as soon as it came out. You can easily sell it.

gigglegirl

Honestly its a personal decision, I'm not sure I'd solicit advice on whether to keep it or not as everyone is so different with their collections and personal tastes.

Anyways off to my opinion: I don't know how much I'd wear it but since I don't have many blues, I will make an effort to use this (and probably do a smokey blue eye with it if anything).

If you never wear blues, maybe you shouldn't have it.
If you do wear them or want to try, I think keep it.

I'd maybe keep it in its pot (and box if you want), use it if you want to, and later on when people are again lemming for it, you can sell it.

xphoxbex

yeah you guys are right. I mean i love the color but I don't wear blues often. I like darker colors. I think I might go for deep truth.

amoona

Can I ask you why you bought it for you know you don't wear blues often and you perfer darker colors? I don't mean to sound mean about it but I always wonder this when people return Limited Edition things.

chocodcocoa

Even though my heart aches everytime I hear about people returning things... basically throwing products into the trash... but I agree that if you're not going to use it and you're not in love with it, you shouldn't keep it.

Kiseki

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
Can I ask you why you bought it for you know you don't wear blues often and you perfer darker colors? I don't mean to sound mean about it but I always wonder this when people return Limited Edition things.

Although I'm not the person who started this thread, I think people get carried away by all the hype that an item (specially LE) gets. It makes you feel that it's the greatest thing ever known to man and you had to be blind or senseless if you didn't purchase it. It's just another form of peer pressure.

I think Parrot is one of those eyeshadows that I've heard about the most, but I don't like blue eyeshadows at all, s I wouldn't give it a second though.

@xphobex - If you don't want it, keep it and later on sell it or swap it for something else, returning it simply means it's going to be wasted and it's a shame, although you don't like Parrot, a lot of people do, so it can actually turn into a win-win situation, you don't desperately need to get rid of it, I mean, it's just an eyeshadow, not Creme de La Mer.

sharkbytes

Maybe try a bit of experimenting with it first? I wasn't sure I'd like it, until I paired it with Cloudburst and Knight Divine. The result was a shimmery, silvery dark blue with those gorgeous teal reflects. It's not a look I'm going to pull out everyday, but for those once in a while occasions, I'll keep it.

If you really just don't like blues, I say return for something that will get a lot of love.

c00ki312

I was thinking the same. there are alot more blues which look nicer than parrot. it really is nothing special but if you know you're not gonna use it, then return it.

xphoxbex

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona

i bought it because:
1) it's a popular color that everyone is all hyped up about.
2) I didn't want to miss out on it and then kick myself in the ass later cuz I didn't get it
3) I don't wear blues that much but since everyone said it has it's unique characteristics, so I thought hey why not give it a try.
4) I really TRIED to experiment with it, and blend it, but it's just not turning out the way that I thought it would.

Hope that answers your question.

Like everyone says, I don't want to keep something and not use it. So yeah...