Should I stay or should I go??

Jennifer Mcfly

So...i was raised in South Florida. I lived there until I was 22 when I decided to leave the nest for Jacksonville, FL. I lived there a year and wasn't too thrilled with it so I moved to the Tampa/St. Petersburg area where I've been for about 5 years now. It's become my home. I really like it here. I like my job. I like my friends. I like the town.

All of my family however, still live in South Florida (Ft. Laud.) I got in contact with a friend from high school in April and one weekend I was down visiting my parents and we decided to meet up. I hadn't seen him in 10 years. When I walked in the bar and spotted him, sparks flew. It was instant chemistry, comfort...it was awesome. We spent the whole weekend together. The following weekend he drove up to Tampa to see me. It's been like that ever since...
It really started on my end, feeling like it was just going to be a fling...there is so much chemistry and passion between us I thought it was just about that. But as time went on...our feelings really developed for each other. It has become the most amazing relationship I've ever been in. We are compatible in a way I've never been with anyone else before. I can be myself and he's accepted everything about me...flaws and all. Of course, I'm not blind to the fact that we've only been dating only 8 months...and I know that everything is always great in the beginning...at least...that's always been my experience...
My problem is..whether I should move back down there to be with him or continue in this long distance relationship. I have a terrible track record. I've always rushed into things. I've lived with three guys and after about 6 months I'm miserable. I really don't want to ruin things with my current sweetie. My lease is up in March and by then it'll almost be a year that we've been doing long distance...and I don't know if I could make it another year. I mean, it's only a 4 hour drive and we see each other every weekend...but it's taking a toll on both of us...the drive, the extra travel expenses...

He can't move here b/c he owns his own business in South FL which is just getting off the ground...we talked about him possibly opening an office up here...but the company isn't at that stage...

I'd like to think I've grown and matured and I know my issues. I've gone through a lot of self exploration and I know myself very well. I'd like to think I will be able to handle things...and my bf even said if we had any problems he'd have no problems getting help b/c that's how much he loves me and wants us to work. I thought that was amazing in itself. That's gives me alot of hope and confidence if we ever did have issues...

I just have severe anxiety about moving back there. I get along much better with my family being far away. I enjoy not having to deal with all the family drama that goes on. I've been a much calmer, emotionally stable person since I moved away. I'm scared to move down there and things don't work out and I'm back in a place I don't want to be...
But I can't continue another year doing long distance...
th_dunno.gif

(man, i don't know how people with spouses serving in the army etc. do it, i have much respect for them)

Thanks for listening to my rant
smiles.gif

Hilly

Live for the Day! I say move back to South Fl. If it doesn't work, you have a car- you can move back to wherever. You don't want to live life dwelling on the coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Beauty Mark

Why do you become miserable? Are these like standard roommate issues you never discuss with the other person?

What will you do for a job if you move? Your friends, if they're truly your friends, will always be there for you. That would honestly be my only concern if I were you.

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Why do you become miserable? Are these like standard roommate issues you never discuss with the other person?

What will you do for a job if you move? Your friends, if they're truly your friends, will always be there for you. That would honestly be my only concern if I were you.

I think it's b/c In the past i didn't know the people fully...and when you live with someone you really get to know them...it's a little bit of both, stupid roommate type issues and really not liking the person's personality (mixed with mine). So I end up regretting moving in with the person...and being unhappy.
I would get another job if I moved. I would start looking prior to the move...
smiles.gif

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
Live for the Day! I say move back to South Fl. If it doesn't work, you have a car- you can move back to wherever. You don't want to live life dwelling on the coulda, woulda, shoulda.

I totally feel ya! and that's what I've done in the past and every time it hasn't worked out...so i'm fearful. i'm just tired of up and moving for a guy and making the changes and it not working out.
damn baggage! i hate it (even though I know everyone has a little)...LOL

Asianshell

I think you should move back to be with him. Or move to somewhere in between so that at least it's not AS FAR getting to both places.

You should talk to your employer though and make sure he/she understands your situation with your life there (how you enjoy your workplace, location, etc.) and how you want to be with your boyfriend but how you don't want to regret not taking that once-in-a-lifetime chance. Ask if he/she will be willing to take you back if things don't work out with your boyfriend.

Latest posts