Should MAC have jumped on the bandwagon

lara

Money is money is money. If the public wants lip plumpers, then they make lip plumpers. If MAC made a point to stay above current make-up trends and avoid producing what consumers want, then they'd be the next Kryolan - outdated, unfashionable, used by a dwindling number of people and peering over the edge of bankruptcy.

Make-up isn't art, it's business.

giz2000

The fact remains that the cosmetic-buying consumers have asked for lip plumpers, and MAC is delivering. I am not a fan of the lip plumpers, but MAC is a business, after all, and they need to meet the bottom line and the market demands.

litlaur

It does seem like they're jumping on the bandwagon, but as others have already pointed it, it's because lip plumpers sell. I think the idea of lip plumpers in a wider variety of colors might be appealing to many.

There are a couple of colors that interest me. I wouldn't buy it for the "plumping" effect, though.

MACgirl

i work for mac as well and when i saw/heard the new lip plumpers were coming out i was so so about them, but i tried them and i looooved the temporary tingling feeling, it doesnt burn or anything. It not liek you'll have angelina sized lips as soon as you put it on, its subtle but nice, and they are perm.! these lip plumpers are actually a creation from a cosmetic doctor, mac just made them mac i guess. The main thing that i love about them is that other than "plumping" lips, they do in fact better you lip texture overtime that and they have a dulce de leche scent!. BUT i agree with the collections coming out twice as fast now...its hard to keep up sometimes...

fairytale22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACgirl
i work for mac as well and when i saw/heard the new lip plumpers were coming out i was so so about them, but i tried them and i looooved the temporary tingling feeling, it doesnt burn or anything. It not liek you'll have angelina sized lips as soon as you put it on, its subtle but nice, and they are perm.! these lip plumpers are actually a creation from a cosmetic doctor, mac just made them mac i guess. The main thing that i love about them is that other than "plumping" lips, they do in fact better you lip texture overtime that and they have a dulce de leche scent!. BUT i agree with the collections coming out twice as fast now...its hard to keep up sometimes...

Oo thanks for that! I want them now just for the smell!

joytheobscure

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACgirl
BUT i agree with the collections coming out twice as fast now...its hard to keep up sometimes...

I don't mind lip plumpers, its just a trend, I dont' think its as neat now that its more "mainstream" I mean, I liked it when I had lip venom before you could buy plumpers at walmart.

I think on so many things mac is ahead of the curve on trends... look at loreal's h.i.p- and other brands (I'm just waiting on a knockoff fluidline to come out)..I do think mac should stick with their best products, eyeshadows, lipsticks, blush. I'm not quite as excited about LE stuff after my first year of mac addiction is over.

I do agree with the big collections are coming out way too fast and they totally depend on us, the mac addicted consumers to buy them.

calbear

Just as an FYI - everyone's reaction to the product is different. To some it is a bit of tingling - but for others it can be severe. I know the idea of lip plumpers have been around for awhile but I for one have never tried one and many of the women i know have never either. So I was not ready for my lips to feel like they were about to explode and fall off my face when I tried them.

mac_goddess

Lip plumpers are sooo old news, what I demand is a breast plumper, similar to a lip plumper so I don't have to pay for breast implants, and I can enhance my clevage at will. :thumbsup:

That being said, I do love my Victoria Secrets Lip Plumper, and if MAC made one I'd buy it for no other reason then to stick with MAC products.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicredfearn
and say joe schmo likes lip plumpers, but doesn't use mac, he's walking through nordies and sees that mac makes a lip plumper, he decides to check it out because mac is a well known brand, well he ends up liking it!

LOL I would die I think if I saw a guy plumping his lips LOL (although I'm sure it's happening lol)... That alone is worth MAC putting out lip plumpers LOL...

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_goddess
Lip plumpers are sooo old news, what I demand is a breast plumper, similar to a lip plumper so I don't have to pay for breast implants, and I can enhance my clevage at will. :thumbsup:

haha... does it give a tingly feeling in the breast too? LOL

princess

I'm pretty afraid to try these out, have never tried any lip plumping stuff before and I'm scared my reaction will be big on it.

Guess MAC just wants a slice of the pie, and by making it permanent and not doing their usual LE crap, they are saying something right?
lol.gif

asnbrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_goddess

Can you imagine? The postcard's just going to have a pair of big ol' titties on it- nothing else. Maybe they can sell MSF's with it to make your new plump breasts glowy. I would pay GOOD MONEY for a breast plumper
smiles.gif