Show Me Your Crazy

Vixxan

We all have our own rituals when it comes to our makeup at least I think we do. My friends and I were talking about our weird makeup habits and mine seems to be the weirdest. One of my friends does her makeup 3 times a day because she only wears certain colors at certain times. She won't wear colored eye shadow or lipstick before noon and she won't wear neutrals after 5 pm. Another of my friends will not wear lipstick if she can't line her lipstick with black eyeliner (scary). On to mine: I hate dips in my makeup. If I somehow create a dip in an eye shadow or blush or anything I won't wear it anymore. If I break it I will still wear it but if there is a dip in it I will usually just avoid using it. I don't know why I do that, I just do. I actually swipe in circles to avoid making dips in my makeup. I know it's crazy but it's my crazy. So what's yours? Do you have a makeup ritual that's a bit different?

LC

Compared to yours and your friends, mine sounds normal, but this is the craziest I could come up with ( I actually think it's normal but my husband thinks i'm weird)

Regardless of whether I'm wearing makeup or not, every single day without fail my hands always end up with swatch marks of random products on them.

Machinegun_Cali

humm...weirdest thing I can think of now is sometimes I use like 4 different mascaras when I do my makeup in the AM. I tend to layer different varieties to achieve my favorite look.

LittleMaryJane

I can't imagine doing my makeup that many times a day! Wow. Haha

The craziest thing I do that I can think of is I keep obsessively re-organizing my pallets. I had them labeled at one point but b/c I keep moving shadows around, the labels no longer match up with the e/s.

Vixxan

I can't imagine doing my makeup that many times per day either. If I manage to get my makeup on straight then I leave it alone.

I no longer have hands I have swatch hands. The swatch thing is so normal.

Machinegun_Cali I have reserved a spot for you on the special bench. I'm not saying that your mascara thing is crazy but it is special.

LMD84

hhhmmm i don't have any weird habbits like that at all.... although i do have multiples of the 239 brush - i have one for each colour.... which is crazy but i can't use one on a colour it's not meant for!

Senoj

Strangely enough my wierd makeup ritual is I don't allow people to see me putting on makeup in public. I always turn my head or put my head down when reapplying anything. I NEVER reapply makeup in public bathrooms like almost everyone does. I don't know why. I guess I don't want them seeing my tricks or see me looking normal, lol.

Also, I never carry a cosmetic case, just whatever lip color I'm using, blot strips and a mirror.

blazeno.8

Yeah, I guess I would be strange for not having a kit. I only carry around the lip color for touch ups. I guess it's not as strange considering that I don't wear makeup every day and that's generally the one thing that would need attention when I go out.

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senoj
Strangely enough my wierd makeup ritual is I don't allow people to see me putting on makeup in public. I always turn my head or put my head down when reapplying anything. I NEVER reapply makeup in public bathrooms like almost everyone does.

I am like this too! I'l do a swipe of gloss or lipstick, but not full on makeup touch ups. I've actually done touch ups in the stall using a compact rather than in front of the "public" mirror in the main part of the restroom in a public bathroom.
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

obscuria

I don't know if any of my makeup application techniques are crazy, but I admit to always managing to have swatches on my hands at the end of the day. Hah.

Also, I depot like crazy, so much so that I just keep my depotting items in my vanity drawer. I'm sure people would think I was crazy since inside my vanity there's now rubbing alcohol wax paper, a lighter, and a paring knife.
lol.gif

hello_my_apple

i dont think it's anything to weird .. but since i was in h.s when i was still living at home, i cant do my make up sitting down lol. so when me and my fiance moved into our apartment i made him put full lenghth mirrors on our room door, closet door, bathroom wall, and bathroom door. and the weird thing is i have 2 cosmetic mirrors on my vanity and they just collect dust lol.

summerblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria
... rubbing alcohol wax paper, a lighter, and a paring knife.
lol.gif

obscuria, what do you do with the wax paper?

obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerblue
obscuria, what do you do with the wax paper?

I just use it when I flip the eyeshadow over to pop it out of the plastic, in case it breaks or something, that way I don't have to clean up my entire table. Also, I spray rubbing alcohol on it and place my e/s right side up to eat at the glue for easy removal.

nursie

i guess my one little thing is every time i use a lipglass (or any lip gloss from any brand) i HAVE to wipe around the opening with a tissue to clean off any excess residue that might end up inside the cap before i put the cap back on. i can't stand there to be gunked up gloss inside the cap.

equus18

What's your beauty pet peeve or OCD?

My OCD is that I pluck my brows almost every night as long as I can feel a stubble. I know this is so terrible. I'll sit and watch TV and run my finger along my brow bone. If I feel any stubbles THEY MUST BE REMOVED IMMEDIATELY. Sometimes I keep my 10XS mirror and Tweezerman under the coffee table where I sit to watch TV.

My pet peeve is that my makeup brushes (clean or dirty) cannot be touching each other (bristles). They have to be spaced out in my brush cup, MAC belt or on the counter. The only exception is when I travel. Then I have no choice but to but them in my brush roll.

marusia

Re: What's your beauty pet peeve or OCD?

I can't put on makeup unless I'm doing a completely full face...and I have a very strict routine. Anything else, if anything is missing, or I did it in a different step, I'm very self-conscious for the rest of the day.

shatteredshards

Re: What's your beauty pet peeve or OCD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by equus18
My pet peeve is that my makeup brushes (clean or dirty) cannot be touching each other (bristles). They have to be spaced out in my brush cup, MAC belt or on the counter. The only exception is when I travel. Then I have no choice but to but them in my brush roll.

My OCD is that I have to clean my brushes immediately after use - they're not allowed to be dirty.

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_my_apple
i dont think it's anything to weird .. but since i was in h.s when i was still living at home, i cant do my make up sitting down lol. so when me and my fiance moved into our apartment i made him put full lenghth mirrors on our room door, closet door, bathroom wall, and bathroom door. and the weird thing is i have 2 cosmetic mirrors on my vanity and they just collect dust lol.

I was just about to post that.

My "crazy" makeup moment, is the fact that I can't apply makeup sitting. Even if it takes me a half hour or more to achieve a look, I'm doing it standing.

Latest posts