Shu Uemura is leaving US!

xxManBeaterxx

I was in slight panic mode until i read this

Until this announcement, Shu Uemura had been available in various chains in the United States including Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, and Nordstrom. Once the brand exits the US market, the only way American customers will be able to purchase Shu Uemura items is through the brand’s website, or by importing them from another country.

*phew*

purrtykitty

Whew, at least the website is staying up. I don't have access to it via any other way anyway. Maybe there will be a sale on Sephora?!

xxManBeaterxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
So are they shutting down the stores?

Yup! All department and freestanding stores. It will probably be discontinued at sephora too, we just don't know the exact date yet.

miss rochelle

i was so sad when i read this on temptalia. i wonder how much shipping is going to cost? it's a biotch shipping stuff out to hawaii so i'm kind of worried that i would have to spend like $10 on shipping for an eyelash curler. i guess we shall wait and see.
ssad.gif

xxManBeaterxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss rochelle
i was so sad when i read this on temptalia. i wonder how much shipping is going to cost? it's a biotch shipping stuff out to hawaii so i'm kind of worried that i would have to spend like $10 on shipping for an eyelash curler. i guess we shall wait and see.
ssad.gif

Thankfully they offer free shipping for orders over 50 including hawaii!! I'm sick of spending $20-$40 for shipping just to have a $50 item

SmokeSignal16

I know I am saddened by not being able to play with everything before I buy but at least theres the web site. I know I will be stalking Sephoras site to see if it does go on sale!

purplerinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
I know I am saddened by not being able to play with everything before I buy but at least theres the web site. I know I will be stalking Sephoras site to see if it does go on sale!

Oh i hope it goes on sale! I will definately stock up on my cleansers and curlers

YuzuBunny

wow, so sad to hear this. i loved the counters, and i think the brand is an excellent and underrated brand. I guess that's good that one can still buy online though.

i know that i've noticed in the past the counters i've visited have slowly disappeared or weren't well staffed. probably makes more sense to them to have an online-only presence.

YuzuBunny

Anyone know the date of the departure yet? For some reason I had thought it was soon; but I just went to the mall the other day and got surprised when i saw a counter still.

kimmae17

They are gone as of June 1. I went to my local counter the other day hoping i was wrong and it was gone! i just placed an order online. if you register through their website you get free shipping over $50. its not that hard to spend $50 on shu!

lojical1

I was just about to post a new topic with "Where did all the shu go?!" when I came across this first. I was so sad leaving Sephora without a new curler. Has anyone used the Sephora brand? How does it compare?

pipsqu3ak

Well, in case anyone doesn't want to purchase directly through the shu website, beauty.com is still selling lashes, at the very least, and at a slight discount. I realized this after paying $22 for my luxe black lashes direct, only to head over to beauty.com to find the same lashes $2 cheaper and with other stuff that I needed. Oh well.