Shu Uemura Velvet Perfect Powdery Foundation

Rebeckki

I was recommended this by someone. Is it any good? I have quite Dry & Sensitive skin. Does it also have yellow undertones as I'm Chinese.

I've used the Clinique Powder Foundation before and that dried out my skin. You could see the powder particles sitting on my nose. I'm currently using the Giorgio Armani Silk Foundation Powder which is brilliant but a bit too pricey.

I don't like foundation as that's too heavy for my skin and makes me look like a wax doll. Tinted moisturiser can also look too strong sometimes. I like Foundation Powder as it's like powder so offers very light coverage but slightly thicker as it has denser colour pigments.

martygreene

Shu Uemura is a line started by the acclaimed Japanese makeup artist by the same name. It maintains it's original intent of creating makeup for asian skintones. As such, all the shades have varying levels of ochre/yellow/olive undertones to accomidate the skintones of asian heritage.

This foundation is a favorite amongst professionals and is used extensively in makeup for photography. This delicately textured foundation powder can be used with either a wet or dry sponge for tranlucent to full coverage. It's incrediblely long wearing, sweat resistant and looks amazing in any lighting.

colleen389

I use the Velvet Perfect foundation all the time and I think it's great, I have very sensitive skin. I wear the 574 which is the palest one they have... it doesn't cake at all, but it does tend to settle in spots if you have an active day. I use it dry because I like the fuller coverage.
I have VERY pale skin, with cool undertones (I'm on the pink side) and I like this foundation because it does have a little yellowish in it to counteract my pink.
I really love this foundation, hope this info helps!!