side swept bangs

honeyd

ok so i did a search in the forum to see if i could find something related to this and didnt. does anyone have them? if so do you like them and ive heard they cause acne of your forehead. im thinking about getting them but im not sure. so i wanna know if they are worth it. thanks!

xoxo
d

visivo

i doooo. i wanted bangs forever and then i finally chopped em off myself and i love them. At first, i did break out. But that could have been because of my hairstuff or what i was washing my face with, because I no longer break out there.

have a pic so i could see your face shape? I think they are flattering on most anyone. and when i dont want them down i pin them back in a pomp or to the side -- they are very versatile
smiles.gif

hth...

Pink_minx

yeah I have it too. I cut it myself cause my mom didnt want to take me to the hairstylist and have them do it so im like fine! i do it myself and i looove it. I also think its very cute and looks cute on almost everyone who has it. It doesnt make me break out so you should probably get side swept bangs they would look so cute.

dreams

I have them and I love them!!! I've always wanted to have side swept bangs so I chopped it off myself (properly) coz my mum doesn't like any kind of bangs...!! And I think they are definately worth it!! I didn't break out aswell...

honeyd

visivo-as for my face shape its round and have some pics on a link in my profile. but they sound great so ill try em. thanks everyone!

visivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyd
visivo-as for my face shape its round and have some pics on a link in my profile. but they sound great so ill try em. thanks everyone!

i really like sidesweepies on round faces! it is ultimately flattering
smiles.gif

user3

Yuppers, I sweep mine to my right side because I have a cow-lick :p on the left.
I have acne and to be honest my forehead is the only place I don't get acne.
I've never had a problem and I've had bangs since I was 6 years old.
Now I don't really use any products on bangs either. Sometimes I use this stuff from Redken called rewind. It's like a silky paste. I only use it on the top of my bangs.

so_siqqq

Cutting side swept bangs by yourself is not really easy because really side swept bangs are short layers.

If you want straight across bangs it's easier to cut/maintain them yourself.

But the basics for cutting bangs is spray your comb and comb your hair. DO NOT COMPLETLEY WET YOUR HAIR because you will end up cutting more than you want. Your hair only needs to be damp so that it is straight. Decide how long you want your bangs. Hold your shears horizantly to get a straight cut or vertically for shaggy bangs aka texture. Cut little by little because this will help to keep the bangs even. And that's pretty much it.

Oh, and be sure to trim your bangs like every six weeks so that they don't get too long. Though if you go to a high end salon and you go to the same stylist everytime your stylist will probably not charge you for trimming your bangs.

Dreamergirl3

I recently got side bangs, and my face shape is round ish. I like them alot! Very flattering...and they should only cause pimples because of the product on your hair, it will be in contact with your forehead. As long as your bangs are clean, you shouldnt break out there (well, thats the case for me anyway). Let us know how it turns out!

kimmy

i've had them for a while now...because i've realized that with my huge forehead, they're one of the only things i can do with my hair that will help hide that haha.

i do my own hair, and i would recommend using a razor to do them. otherwise they may look chunky and blocky and those are definately not good characteristics for sidesweeps to have.

i looked at your pictures and i think they'd look gorgeous on you :]

Latest posts