Sigma VS. MAC brushes?

kdolll

I have alot of MAC brushes, of course always looking to get more! Been looking at the Sigma brushes and wow, REALLY cheap.. especially on allcosmeticswholesale.com.. anyone have any expeirence with the brushes and how they compare to MAC's line?
Thanks!!

*NOT affiliated!

mintbear82

I have two sigma SS224s and one sigma SS239 I have to say that they are not compareable to MAC brushes at all. They can get the job done, but the three brushes that have are scratchy and the ferrules are lossening up. I've only have the brushes for 3 months. and always wash my brushes with Cover FX brush cleanser, and dry them upside down in brush guards to prevent water from dripping into the ferrule and handles.

sss215

they look the same, but are not the same quality as MAC brushes. i own theSS 224 and the SS197 from them and i have not had any problems. MAC does not have a brush like the SS197 that i know of (flat top small kabuki) so i decided to give that a go. i got the SS224 from them because it was cheaper than MAC's. I wanted to try that type of brush out., before I made the commitment to the MAC 224. i also own their travel set which is pretty good and durable for what i need it for.

i hear, alot of the fluffier ones shed and come apart. some people look to them as good starting brushes because of the cheaper price point. i suggest if you have time to do a you tube search on them. you can really get a feel of the pros and cons from the reviews on there.

makeupbysarab

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdolll
I have alot of MAC brushes, of course always looking to get more! Been looking at the Sigma brushes and wow, REALLY cheap.. especially on allcosmeticswholesale.com.. anyone have any expeirence with the brushes and how they compare to MAC's line?
Thanks!!

*NOT affiliated!

Well, I have the first brush kit that have come out, and I really like it. In fact, I like more of the ss219 from sigma than 219 from MAC.

BabyGirlB

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupbysarab
Well, I have the first brush kit that have come out, and I really like it. In fact, I like more of the ss219 from sigma than 219 from MAC.

That's the one brush I'm itching to get!
drools.gif
How does is it different from the MAC 219?