Silly but i finally found a way to make it work...

liquidsirenhoney

So i have never been a huge fan of Shade sticks....they tend to be too hard and tug(...and yes i have softened them up, but they alwyas seem to not want to go on smooth). so the other day i made a mistake and put on my CCB luna and realized i was gonna wear pink...and out of habit grabbed my shade stick....this time it glided so easy. I have heard of using paints then CCBs after but never using them before...and amazingly enough using it before and then the shade stick after made it a lot easier to apply...and i didn't notice any creasing....i always crease with a shade stick.

bellaetoile

so wait, you put on the CCB, then the shadestick? i didn't quite understand from your post.

the way i make shadesticks work is to blast it with a hair dryer for 5-10 seconds, then apply the shadestick to my finger, THEN to my lid. the application is more controlled, even, and obviously, there isn't any tugging. plus, the combined heat of the dryer and your finger make the product so much easier to work with. i usually use shadesticks over urban decay primer potion, then put my shadow or pigment on top. i've always had problems with paints and CCBs creasing, for some reason.

lvgz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile
so wait, you put on the CCB, then the shadestick? i didn't quite understand from your post.

the way i make shadesticks work is to blast it with a hair dryer for 5-10 seconds, then apply the shadestick to my finger, THEN to my lid. the application is more controlled, even, and obviously, there isn't any tugging. plus, the combined heat of the dryer and your finger make the product so much easier to work with. i usually use shadesticks over urban decay primer potion, then put my shadow or pigment on top. i've always had problems with paints and CCBs creasing, for some reason.

really? udpp works great for me, but when i place a shadestick over it .. i get creasing.

magenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvgz
really? udpp works great for me, but when i place a shadestick over it .. i get creasing.

for me, UDPP + shadestick is like permanent! it last all day, no creasing. it's one of the only thing that works for me, and i have very oily lids.

bellaetoile

Quote:
Originally Posted by magenta
for me, UDPP + shadestick is like permanent! it last all day, no creasing. it's one of the only thing that works for me, and i have very oily lids.

seriously, same here. i had one UDPP, plus a shadestick, then the shadow i was wearing..it lasted me through 24 hours or partying/drinking/sleeping/driving home in the morning, and was STILL hard to get off, the next day, using my usual mac wipe and eye makeup remover. i was amazed how long the color lasted.

liquidsirenhoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile

yeah i put the shadestick over the ccb....even when i heat the shadestick up and apply it with my finger it's just so messy...this way made it a lot easier for me.

Classic Beauty

I find that some shadesticks are more creamier than others. Out of the ones that I have, I find beig-ing and penny the creamiest. Shimmersand and sea me are so difficult to work with.

oddinary

...why do shadesticks break? I am pretty sure I have never dropped this or hit it hard against a surface. I always make sure it's double capped and yet it still breaks!

angela

i've read a thread somewhere here where someone laid down their 242 brush and applied the shadestick over the bristles (does that make sense?) In other words you're drawing/coloring the shadestick onto the brush itself. I've tried it and it works!

Latest posts