Silly question: How to put on LIPSTICK!!!!

Yes ladies, lipstick.

I'm pretty good with my make up; I can put on just about anything on my face..
Except lip colour. I've only used lip balms and tints on my lips that doesn't require precise application... but I fell in love with this Lustering a88 (?) lipstick and I had to buy it yesterday. I can't apply it to my lips without looking like a duckie. I don't really favor the idea of using lip liners.. is there a simple way to put this lipstick on without it smudging all over my lip line?
My face color is NC35- any suggestions in terms of eye/cheek colour to go with this skin tone and lipstick?

I'm new to specktra, & I'm lookin forward to learning all these wonders of make up on this site.

AlarmAgent

Well, when I've had a lipstick that was hard to apply straight from the tube, as many of them are, I'd use a lip brush. It allows for much more minute precision, and you can even line with the lipstick itself, instead of a seperate liner. Sorry if this is old news to you, but it definitely works for me!

I have a 316SE from one of the holiday brush kits, I'm not sure which one. I'm assuming the full-size works just as well if not better than my SE.

Also, I know you said you don't much care for lip liners, but what do you think about reverse lip liners? DuWop makes one, and quite a few companies are beginning to as well. They leave no color, and sort of just act as an anti-feathering agent. The worry is, if you don't like lip lining for any other reason than possible problems with the color deposited, they won't be of much help to you.

However, I hope my post was of some help!

Kiseki

I also recommend getting a lip brush, preferably one with a cap, that makes it a lot more portable and hygienic and you can put it in your makeup bag or your purse without worries.

As for lip liners, I'm fond of MAC's Cremestick liner and you can apply it fully to your whole lip area, it's garanteed precision.

MACATTAK

A lip brush is a great idea. Also, just make sure to cover the entire lip area. I've seen some pics where people don't cover the bottom part of their lip, and it looks really weird!

Kuuipo

I edge my mouth in lipliner the colour of my lips and then smudge it in and cover the entire lip area-it anchors the lipstick. I apply my lipstick, wait a couple minutes and blot. Then I apply and blot two or three more times to concentrate the colour to the max,then I apply laquer or a gloss. I do alot of talking at work, I can not have lipstick on my teeth or my nose or anyplace else....