Silverette Case (Valentines Version) Travel Worthy

ollieo

Love that red color
smiles.gif
How travel worthy is this case? Does it lock? Will it hold up to a little abuse like a real suitcase? I want something that will hold up to my husband squishing into the back of the car and my 4 yr old dropping on the way to the hotel room. Or, according to rumors there are new train cases coming out, should I wait for those since I can use my sisters pro card?

sallyh88

well I have the Silverette and it doesn't lock, I don't think it would hold up to a lot of abuse without losing its luster... I have found that my silverette's material dents really easily, so I have to be careful when using it. for durable I would go with something more substantial, like the 1.6, which locks and has a shoulder strap, no to mention its alot bigger. HTH
smiles.gif

aznsmurfy

I used it for travel and it's not the best. :T Things tended to get tossed around in there and my sharpener opened and left little bits of kohl goodies everywhere. That being said. . .1. Empty your sharpener after use.
greengrin.gif
and 2. I had two skinfinishes in there that came out unscathed with no extra packaging or care.
smiles.gif
So overall I'm pretty pleased with it and the amount of stuff it can hold (and hold up) for a 6-7 day trip. I'd recommend it but just kinda pack a towel on the top so things don't go tossing around. ^_^
smiles.gif

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznsmurfy
I used it for travel and it's not the best. :T Things tended to get tossed around in there and my sharpener opened and left little bits of kohl goodies everywhere. That being said. . .1. Empty your sharpener after use.
greengrin.gif
and 2. I had two skinfinishes in there that came out unscathed with no extra packaging or care.
smiles.gif
So overall I'm pretty pleased with it and the amount of stuff it can hold (and hold up) for a 6-7 day trip. I'd recommend it but just kinda pack a towel on the top so things don't go tossing around. ^_^
smiles.gif

When I travel with mine ( I have the Tour De Pink ) I always put my sharpner and eyelash curler in baggies..
smiles.gif
I also keep the orignal boxes for my eyeshadows, MSF's, & Lipsticks when I travel.. to some that may seem hectic but it saves them from being bounced around when traveling..
smiles.gif