Skin Dilemna, Help!!

cyanidewine

Hey guys!
So I need your help fixing/saving my skin, while I'm comfortable working with make-up, I'm not good at skincare and there's a few odd factors giving me trouble now.

NORMALLY, my skin is fairly normal, not regularly oily, not too dry. I've never worn foundation, just blush occasionally. But the past 2 weeks it's been worse than it ever was as a teenager in weird spots. My entire forehead is covered in tons of whiteheads and almost like cystic pimples, and they go down the sides (think sideburn line). Other than that, my skin is ok, but the parts that are covered HURT. Plus I'm getting married in 2 days so it's a bit upsetting, but nothing some concealer can't handle I hope - but I'm more worried about longterm (hello run on sentence!)

Here are the factors that I think are causing this, but I have no idea how to handle them! I work in food service and we use soy oil but it still builds up. Secondly, I started training at an MMA gym recently and spend 3 hours a day/3-4 days a week training and rolling around with sweaty men on mats. So not only am I dealing with my own sweat clogging my pores, but everyone elses. I shower right after when I get home, and keep baby wipes in the car with me for make-up remover/cleaning but it hasn't helped.

My normal routine is witch hazel toner, Alba Coconut Milk Facial Wash, and I think..L'oreal lotion. Thanks sooo much for any help! <3

Junkie

You're probably really stressed right now as well - so thats a factor in your break-out. Do you have bangs? Hair can be a major oil-trapper on your forehead too. Oil from work could also be a factor - same with over-washing. Maybe see a derm about a peel after your wedding (not before - you'll be flakey and/or red). They can also give you oral antibiotics for the cystic acne.

You could try a tea tree oil antiseptic as a toner - but it might dry you out, so be careful. Any calming toner, wash or lotion will help as well - Aveeno has them and they reduce redness. Anything with Benzoyl Peroxide will help - but all of this might be too drying right before your wedding.

In the meantime, both CoverFX and Clinique have foundations for acne-prone and sensitive skin that you can use for your wedding only - just ask for a sample.

I myself have insanely bad acne at times and I know how much it can suck. I hope some of this helps - but if you can - get to a dermatologist and seek medical treatment other than topical treatment if you want help from the inside out.

cyanidewine

Thanks! Ive used tea tree oil before but the smell drove me crazy, I'm up for giving it another try though.

I do have bangs, but I wear them pinned back 90% of the time since they're long enough. I managed to cover up most of the bad spots for the wedding so it didn't turn out too bad, it's just a matter of fixing it for good now. As for seeing a dermatologist, I've never been to one, but can they help with acne that I think is caused by outside factors (like all that nasty sweat from training?) because otherwise I have normal skin.
That Aveeno sounds great also, so I'll give that a shot before I see a dermatologist. Thanks again!

Latest posts