Skinfinish + bad skin?

magenta

I have fairly crummy skin, acne prone and what not. i also have largeish pores on my cheeks, and i tend to have blemishes there as well.

would the shimmer of the skinfinish make this more obvious?

lah_knee

ya i personally think so. shimmery powders will only accentuate any imperfections like bumps or pores. thats why most artists would suggest to older women who tend to have larger pores, to keep away from glittery and shimmery stuff.

if you like highlighting here and there you should stick to something light and not as shimmery like loose powder with slight shimmer. or even the pearlizers would be a better choice =)

canadiangirl_1117

Hmmm, that makes this decision easier for me then. I've got large-ish pores and little bumps on my cheeks too.

Saved me almost $30!

shriekingviolet

I have largish pores on my nose and cheeks (so much so I feel awkward if I don't wear a heavier coverage foundation in those areas) plus fairly oily skin, and I wear my So Ceylon skinfinish daily as a bronzer. It's subtle enough that it just gives glow and a little color, but it isn't wildly sparkly so it doesn't emphasize my pores. Not sure what it'd do to acne as I seldom have more than a zit or two, but I would still give it a try in-store if you have a chance! They're really nice and worth the expense IMHO.

Shanneran

i have big pores, and very red cheeks.. and i went crazy and bought some skinfinishes and irr. powders... i wasnt going to..and then the m.a. talked me into letting her put it on me...and i fell in love.. i cant believe inever thought i could wear skinfinishes or blush or anything.. the stuff is crazy awesome!