slight boy rant...

beautifulxdisaster

feeel free to move it to deep if it fits there more. but OKAY I'll try not to spill my gut out but I'm just so confused right now.

I transferred to another high school mid September, knowing no one here. I currently have a crappy part in marching band yet I still have to go to all these practices. But that's besides the point! Okay, maybe I should just sum it up or something.

I play in pit for the field show which are the people who just stand there right? but I play baritone as an actual instrument but I can't play that because I came too late to be added to the drill. My baritone partner *there's only 2 of us baritones* recently told me that he liked me. He's not my type but I'm OKAY with him liking me except for the fact that he keeps INSISTING that I go out with him. Plus he lives near me so I usually walk with him and this comes up every time. How many times do I have to say "no I only see you as a friend, awkward blahblahblah you're not really my bf type etc. etc."

Then I start hanging out with some more people and an alto saxophone player that's a good friend. At a competition, the baritone player all of a sudden flips the table and says that I should go out with the saxophone guy because he needs a girlfriend. I tell him that it'd be wrong to go out with him just because "he needs a girlfriend"

So another day, walking home with the baritone guy he says he was just messing around about the alto sax. and that it's him who likes me and that I should go out with him. UGHGUGHGUGHUGHUG WHAT???!?!?!?!? I tell him I don't like that messing around type of thing and he tells me all the advantages of going out with him.

Which are... "I'll help you with your baritone playing since we live near each other" Dude, you're my baritone partner, we're supposed to be helping out each other ANYWAY, no? "all my relationships have been long term ones" and "no one will have to know" I'd like to mention the bad b.o. but didn't want to sound all superficial and all that jazz but yeah.

At the same time I have a big crush on a trumpet, whom I'm really interested in and I get butterflies everytime I sit next to him or talk to him and I especially did at this saturday's competition and we won first and he reached his arms out to me and I jumped and we had a long hug and he lifted me off my feet *BIG SIGH* he's always on my mind. And my old friend trumpet that goes to another school thinks he's really nice. I don't think it's whats turning me off to the baritone but I'm just so confuzzled now.
th_confused_new.gif
I don't know of anything else to say right now and its late so good night you guys!!

user2

"Once...in musical camp....!"
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

Damn what is going on in your marching band?

Do you have to walk home with him? Because otherwise I would say: "Forget him!" Why is he all that pushy and stuff like that? I mean he doesn't even know you that much! You can be a werewolf at home (I don't think you are but I needed an example!
smiles.gif
) and then this whole thing works out for a week or two! And then? You still have to work with him in the band and you'll see him several times a week! Plus: YOU DOESNT LIKE HIM!!
I would just be honest to him, tell him that you're not interested, maybe cut off the contact for a little bit and start chatting more with the cute trumpet guy!!

jess98765

geez, i wouldn't complain girl! all those guys lining up to go out with you
smiles.gif
i wouldn't be complaining at all!! nah, just joking.
firstly how old are you and that baritone guy cos he seems kinda childish to be playing these sorts of games with you. I mean, the only reason why he's suggesting that you go out with the other is so that you might feel sorry for him and go out with him instead. That's how guy's minds work! He's so manipulative !!
i agree with VV, start chatting more with the trumpet guy and less with the baritone guy!!!
i hope i made sense, it's like midnight here
ssad.gif

Hope your boy delimeas (whoops, can't spell) go alright
smiles.gif

mspixieears

I think Jess means 'dilemmas'
greengrin.gif

Gosh, beautifulxdisaster, you just gave me a horrible pang of nostalgia for my old band class days...wow. Minus the guys chasing me of course.

Go the trumpet boy. After all, it's him you like.

Oh the sweet music you'll make together...*gag* sorry, couldn't resist. You can make fun of me back: I used to play the flute in band!!!

beautifulxdisaster

LOL mspixieears! I applaud you, the flute is so complicated but so beautiful! I just got back from a football game and trumpet guy <3 carried my baritone for me when my elbow joint hurt, and let me have some valve oil haha and we talked and stuff <3 8^) I'm still trying to keep my expectations low. You can never be dissapointed with low expectations haha.

I still feel pretty bad for the baritone guy... he told me we're gonna have to have a long talk tomorrow idk if he overheard or whatever and I can tell him straight on about it then but I know I wouldn't want trumpet guy to do that to me. Maybe it's his idiosyncracy just the way he is but Gah! This keeps playing over and over again in the back of my head. I'm in total like with trumpet guy *ok, his names Luis!*

Latest posts