smash box or laura mercier primer

shoppingisme

i want to try a primer because my skin is oily but i keep hearing that both are great.

...how to choose.
are there any oily skinned ladies that can give some input?
which do you prefer and why?

braidey

For oily skin, I would use the Smashbox. When I used the Laura Mercier primer it felt like I was using a moisturizer. I suggest you get a sample of Laura Mercier primer to see if it to heavy for you.

Shadow

I have oily skin too and I use Smashbox Photo Finish primer and like it. Now they have one for oily skin which I might try. I received a free sample of Laura Mercier's primer at Sephora the other day. I'll give it a try and let you know.

BinkysBaby

I have never tried either on my face.
I tried Smashbox Photo Finish on my hand and it felt exactly like MAC Matte which does absolutely nothing for the super oily skin.
I use Becca Mattifying Primer and Milk of Magnesia which is a super combo.

shadowaddict

I have been meaning to go to Sephora and get a sample each of Laura Mercier's oil-free primer and the new Smashbox Light primer for oily skin but I just haven't made it over there yet. But maybe you should do that and compare. Some of the girls give quite a lot in the samples but some only give just a tad. Let us know what you think if you do try them.

Toya

A couple years ago, I decided to test several different primers in order to find the best one. Hands down, the best primer is Smashbox.
cheerleader.gif
I am a fellow oily-skinned gal, so I know whereof I speak!

Barbie

I have both and prefer the consistency of the Smashbox primer. The LM primer does feel more like a moisturizer while I find the SM has a more gelatin texture.