Smashbox cream liners?

BadPrincess

I just received in a swap a smashbox cream liner in bronze, when I opened it, it had a horrible smell like crayons. Is this normal? I do not own any others to compare. Also is there a production date on these, that would let me know when it was made being it could just be old?
If anyone has any info. that would be great because I told the other swapper about it & she said they all smell like that... :confused:
If they do then I really don't even want it, cause it's like a gross crayon smell!!!

Caderas

i just received a smashbox kit and it included a duo creamliner called envy/copper. and it smells a bit like crayons to me also, not too bad though. when i used it for the first time new, i had to layer it a few times to get a definite line going. i would guess maybe yours is just a bit old to have a real obvious crayon smell. i can tell that's what's going to happen to mine sooner or later. i'm sticking with fluidliners after this!

ollieo

I bought a smashbox cream eyeliner from Sephora. I do not notice the smell though I have problems with it drying out. Day one I loved it. By day 4 it was going on harder like a pencil. I emailed Smashbox and was told first to keep it shut (duh, I only open it to use it) and then told to wipe the top layer off before use. Seems like at that rate I will end up with more wasted product then used. And when I wrote back and said that the person writing the emails wrote back that was her only idea and she did not know why I was having this issue. She suggested returning it.

I really loved this product that first day or 2 much more so then the Fluidlines. Especially the midnight purple. But with the dryness factor I am sticking with the Fluidlines too.

BadPrincess

thank-you to both of you for the info. Yes besides the smell it looks dry. I'm guessing I'm not going to like it & because of the smell I didn't want to use it on my eyes in case it was just bad.

mskitchmas

huh. i really like the cream liners, and haven't noticed the smell.
when i get home later, i'll give em a sniff.

i've been really pleased with the way the color goes on smoothly.

Summer

I have had my cream eyeliner for a year and a half already, and it never had a smell or dried out.

Meisje

Mine smell okay and aren't drying out. I've had them nearly six months and I've barely used them (smudging issues) but they still seem fresh.

Latest posts