Smashbox in the UK??

Danfanny

hey i was just wondering if there is anywhere within the uk that stocks smashbox
really wanting to get my hands on some of the photofinish green corrector primer
if you get help it would be really good, exhausted trawling so many uk makeup sites haha
thanks

Jinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danfanny
hey i was just wondering if there is anywhere within the uk that stocks smashbox
really wanting to get my hands on some of the photofinish green corrector primer
if you get help it would be really good, exhausted trawling so many uk makeup sites haha
thanks

Just Beauty Direct. For all your beauty needs.

This is a great place to buy Smashbox. I've bought from them lots of times
th_DANCE.gif

Darkness

John Lewis the department store has a Smashbox counter. Do you have a John Lewis in Leeds?

Luceuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness
John Lewis the department store has a Smashbox counter. Do you have a John Lewis in Leeds?

Ooo do they, does anyone know if the Newcastle John Lewis has a counter?

Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.a.t
Anyone know about London?

I bought Smashbox brow wax form John Lewis in Oxford St London, it was awhile back but I'm sure it's still there.
winks.gif

Danfanny

thanks everyone
well i QVC are out of stock
haha should have known really hah
and there is a john lewis nearby soo that works out really

thanks again x

vocaltest

Smashbox on Oxford Street in John Lewis is gone now. Infact it went about April time. Been replaced by NARS. Some snooty man in there told me they 'weren't right for their clientele'.

Ria

I've had to resort to buying it from eBay. If you know what shade / product you want then I've found that there are a lot of good merchants out there, but obviously, please check them out yourself first as I may have just been lucky!
ebay.gif
dance.gif

amber_j

You can also get Smashbox in Selfridges in London (unless that counter's gone too?).
I tend to get mine from trusted sellers on eBay. Feel free to PM me if you'd like their names. Or am I allowed to post the names in this forum?

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber_j
You can also get Smashbox in Selfridges in London (unless that counter's gone too?).
I tend to get mine from trusted sellers on eBay. Feel free to PM me if you'd like their names. Or am I allowed to post the names in this forum?

Yes you are allowed
smiles.gif

amber_j

^^ The seller I use is moor-4-u, and her eBay shop is called Ultimate Beauty - eBay UK Shop - SMASHBOX sale: skin care for therapists, cream EYLINER PALETTES, elemis decleor

She and her husband are really lovely people, and are ever so helpful. She's a trained beauty therapist / makeup artist so can competently answer questions and give advice on the different products she stocks. Also, not everything is posted online, so if there's something you want but can't see in her listings just send her a message to check if she has it in stock. If she doesn't, she might know someone who does. And they ship outside the UK too!

Indian Barbie

I get all my smashbox from QVC, they don't have all the products but they do have cool sets. Today's special value is such a great set, i'm so tempted to buy.

hp_tsv_17december.jpg

amber_j

^ I stayed up to watch the TSV launch. It looks great but I doubt those e/s would work on me. They never use any models with dark skin on the shows so I just assume the colours are too light.

Indian Barbie

Quote:
^ I stayed up to watch the TSV launch. It looks great but I doubt those e/s would work on me. They never use any models with dark skin on the shows so I just assume the colours are too light.

They do use an Asian woman but she's still not dark enough. They don't sell enough products on QVC that will go with all types of skin, especially african/caribbean skin. It must be frustrating

Miss Virtue

Quote:

Me too! (well not all night, but I saw the special)

Does anyone know how much the photofinish is normally? I can always give the shadows away if they don't suit me!

Indian Barbie

the photofinish is like £25, so the set is actually really good value when you think about it, cos all the poducts are full size

amber_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Barbie
They do use an Asian woman but she's still not dark enough. They don't sell enough products on QVC that will go with all types of skin, especially african/caribbean skin. It must be frustrating

I know! I love that model but she's so fair in comparison to me. I guess there's always Bobbi Brown, but the QVC prices are quite high when you add p&p. It's cheaper for me to just go to Selfridges and buy the stuff in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Virtue
Me too! (well not all night, but I saw the special)

Does anyone know how much the photofinish is normally? I can always give the shadows away if they don't suit me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Barbie
the photofinish is like £25, so the set is actually really good value when you think about it, cos all the poducts are full size

iagree.gif
The set is fantastic value!

But if all you want is the primer, check out eBay seller moor-4-u. She's selling them for £19 + p&p. No I don't work for her, I just love a bargain.
tong.gif

Indian Barbie

Quote:
I know! I love that model but she's so fair in comparison to me. I guess there's always Bobbi Brown, but the QVC prices are quite high when you add p&p. It's cheaper for me to just go to Selfridges and buy the stuff in person.

iagree.gif
The set is fantastic value!

But if all you want is the primer, check out eBay seller moor-4-u. She's selling them for £19 + p&p. No I don't work for her, I just love a bargain.
tong.gif

i don't mind paying a bit more for qvc because i can return any item within 30 days. i bought a bobbi brown shimmerbrick, used it for about 15 days and returned it because it wasn't the right colour for me. You can't really return things on the high street.

wow thanks for that tip on the eBay thing, i'll have to check it out!
drools.gif