Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correction Primer

dz4shzy

I've been eyeing this product for a bit in Adjust (green)...But Im still unsure. I have the MAC Face Primer but I really dont notice a difference when I have it on and when I dont. Any feedback?

glassy girl

I love this stuff it does help minimize reddness a little but it's a awesome primer. I have the clear one but i like the green 1 better cuz i feel like it does duble duty even if it just tones down the redness just a little.

dorkynerd

I also love this primer. All of the Smashbox primers are AWESOME but I like the Adjust because I have alot of redness in my skin, and though it doesn't take all of it away..it does tone it down! Smashbox is the only primer I will use!

ModelBoy

It does a pretty good job toning down mild redness. So if you just look flushed, this should be perfect for you. However, if you have something like Rosacea or really red acne, this will only mute it a bit. If this is the case, I'd recommend something like Eucerin's Intense Redness Relief Moisturizer. It has a green tint and soothing ingredients to mute redness and improve the general coloring of skin over time. Use something like this first, let it absorb for about ten minutes, then just use Smashbox's regular primer. Either way, all of the primers work EXTREMELY well as makeup primers, as they help makeup go on much smoother and drastically increase the wear-time. I did a test on myself to see how much it helped (using a sample before I bought it) (and I have combination skin, tending towards oily, and have a slightly uneven skintone, with a few blemishes and one uneven patch {a result from a childhood dermatological skin issue}). Without the primer: makeup lasted for around 4-6 hours before fading or needing a touchup. Skin became shiny within two hours, and makeup was obvious on the uneven patch, and tended to clump on the blemishes. With primer: makeup lasted the entire day (about 12-14 hours), with only a single touchup on one bad blemish. Rough patch was barely noticeable from a reasonable distance, and blemishes were evenly covered, appearing only as flesh-toned bumps from up close. Pores were minimized on nose and cheeks, and skin only got a slight sheen after 4-6, only becoming semi-noticeably shiny after 8-10 hours (but in a healthy-ish way, not like a greasy, oily way). Anyway, these primers are definitely some of the best out there, and should be a staple in anyone's (from amateur to professional) kit.

thespry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelBoy
It does a pretty good job toning down mild redness. So if you just look flushed, this should be perfect for you. However, if you have something like Rosacea or really red acne, this will only mute it a bit. If this is the case, I'd recommend something like Eucerin's Intense Redness Relief Moisturizer. It has a green tint and soothing ingredients to mute redness and improve the general coloring of skin over time. Use something like this first, let it absorb for about ten minutes, then just use Smashbox's regular primer. Either way, all of the primers work EXTREMELY well as makeup primers, as they help makeup go on much smoother and drastically increase the wear-time. I did a test on myself to see how much it helped (using a sample before I bought it) (and I have combination skin, tending towards oily, and have a slightly uneven skintone, with a few blemishes and one uneven patch {a result from a childhood dermatological skin issue}). Without the primer: makeup lasted for around 4-6 hours before fading or needing a touchup. Skin became shiny within two hours, and makeup was obvious on the uneven patch, and tended to clump on the blemishes. With primer: makeup lasted the entire day (about 12-14 hours), with only a single touchup on one bad blemish. Rough patch was barely noticeable from a reasonable distance, and blemishes were evenly covered, appearing only as flesh-toned bumps from up close. Pores were minimized on nose and cheeks, and skin only got a slight sheen after 4-6, only becoming semi-noticeably shiny after 8-10 hours (but in a healthy-ish way, not like a greasy, oily way). Anyway, these primers are definitely some of the best out there, and should be a staple in anyone's (from amateur to professional) kit.

Thanks so much for your breakdown! It definitely puts the use of primer in perspective.

~Zoe~

Any WOC try this product? I'm wondering if the non-transparent primers look too ashy on the face... ?