Smashbox PhotoFinish with Mineral Foundations?

girlsaidwhat

Has anyone tried these together?

I just got my first Everyday Minerals foundation samples...and I tried it yesterday and today, and like it so far. I also ordered some samples from Alima.

I usually use smashbox's photofinish but does it work with mineral foundations?

Thanks in advance, you guys rock!

Shimmer

Definitely only use a little bit, but yeah, it works well with Bare Minerals in my experience.

marreyes38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Definitely only use a little bit, but yeah, it works well with Bare Minerals in my experience.

I too used smashbox photofinish with my bare minerals foundation and it worked great. im really considering calling it quits on the liquid foundation. the only problem is that i have a few acne scars that werent covered completely so i first have to use a good concealer but even then after a few hours my acne scars reappeared...

if you're going for a natural look photofinish witha mineral foundation is definitely the way to go.
thmbup.gif

sharon7

Hi

How do you apply a primer? Do you use your face and pat it on or use a brush? I remember watching a yourtube video and he said to use a foundation brush?
th_dunno.gif

Fizzymartini

OH yes! This was my staple routine before work (back in my temping days... a few months ago, haha): a smidge of antioxidant sunscreen, followed by Smashbox Photofinish (with Meroxyl+SPF15), then Mineral Makeup (Lily Lolo). The primer was a must for me: it evens out the texture of the skin, ready for the buffing of the MMU! I sincerely *heart* the smashbox.

widdershins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon7
Hi

How do you apply a primer? Do you use your face and pat it on or use a brush? I remember watching a yourtube video and he said to use a foundation brush?
th_dunno.gif

I just apply it like a moisturizer/sunscreen with my fingers. I'm sure you could use a foundation brush but I'm too impatient and using a brush takes longer for me.

xmizlynnax

yes i've used it with bare minerals before, it works like a charm. without the primer, the mineral foundation just rubbed off everywhere =( that was my biggest gripe with mineral makeup when i used it. primer is a must =)

yodagirl

I used the Photofinish Light with my BareMinerals and it worked perfectly! I never had any luck with their Primetime primer...Made my foundation look awful and flaky
ssad.gif

Kiss and Makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon7
Hi

th_dunno.gif

I use my fingers also. Since it's not tinted and goes on clear, the only way I can tell if an area's covered/if I have enough on/if there's too much in one spot is to use my fingers. I tried with a brush and I didn't like it. It's important though to make sure your hands are clean when you're putting it on.

dorkynerd

YES YES YES! This combo is great! I use Smashbox primer every day. And I use a powder foundation. I use to use Bare Escentuals foundation and it look great. (I switched but because I wanted a matte look)

You should be fine as long as you give a few seconds. It does dry super quick anyways. I can't see you have any issues!