Smashbox Soft Lights

kare31

Has anyone tried Smashbox's Soft Lights face powders? I'm looking for a product with more of a glow than shimmer/glitter.

Any shade recommedations for an NC20, with light brown hair and hazel eyes? I'm thinking Fusion Intermix or Soft Lights Glow or Winter White.

I definitely want the #19 brush; I spent almost five minutes petting the brush in the store a few months ago.

Thanks for any opinions!

Julie

I am an NC20 and I adore Smashbox Softlights. I breakout from MAC MSF's and this is the next best thing. I have quite a few and love all of them. They definitely give u a gorgeous glow and I use mine everyday. Here are the ones I have- Cast/Crew Duo, Tint, Lens, Intermix, Illuminance Duo, Guru, Highlight and the Dusk Bronzer. I love to use them after I apply my blush because it softens the look and evens out the blush making it look flawless. I use Guru and Intermix alone as a blush and they are gorgeous. I also use Highlight and the light color of my Cast/Crew all over my face for an airbrush like finish to my makeup. I got my #19 brush on ebay for $25 and I love it. I even use it to apply my BE foundation. HTH's

eowyn797

i am NW20, brown hair, blue eyes and Lens is a spot on match for my skin color, but with shimmer! i love it. it is THE perfect finish to put over my foundation/blush.

NikkiHorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by kare31
Has anyone tried Smashbox's Soft Lights face powders? I'm looking for a product with more of a glow than shimmer/glitter.

Any shade recommedations for an NC20, with light brown hair and hazel eyes? I'm thinking Fusion Intermix or Soft Lights Glow or Winter White.

I definitely want the #19 brush; I spent almost five minutes petting the brush in the store a few months ago.

Thanks for any opinions!

I would get "Tint" if you've got a nice medium tan. It's a nice one with a fusion of bronzy-pink gold.

prinzessin784

I am an NW15 and I've used both Lens and Shimmer and I love them! They have a great, soft texture and they are easy to apply and blend. I wouldn't necessarily say that they are BETTER than MSFs, but they are really good and make a good substitution for them! Shimmer is a lot like Shimpagne when applied. I hope that helps!
smiles.gif

MAC_Pixie04

I have Highlight, and I lust for the Dusk fusion soft lights. I also like the Artificial Lights, which is like a liquid version of the softlights. I have Prism and Glow, both are very beautiful.

NikkiHorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorporeal_x
Does anyone have a swatch of Prism? Is it really pink or more of light pink color?
Thanks

Prism is really pink. Shimmer is the lighter pink.

EmbalmerBabe

The cover model on the new Sephora circus catalog is wearing the Prism color,and it looks so pretty. The price was kinda crazy though,I hope it is a big pot for 28!?That is the first time I have ever seen it, I have never tried anything Smashbox. I guess I am too busy being caught up in all the MAC stuff...haha.

NikkiHorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbalmerBabe
The price was kinda crazy though,I hope it is a big pot for 28!?.

Dude, it's a huge cake of color. Our blushes are $24 and they're alot smaller. The Soft Lights are even bigger than MSF's, and I think you get better color payoff with SL's.

EmbalmerBabe

I really want to try Prism. I love Porcelain Pink but I really have to pack it on. Shooting star shows up great on me though because I am so pale.
Thanks for the info on the Soft Lights..
winks.gif

DaizyDeath

i just got tint and im a NW15 it gives me a really preety glow and the cake is huge ill definitly be buying more smashbox!

The main difference between MSF's and soft lights are msf's look really sparkley and are alot more flashy not really natural looking like the smashbox lights just give you a nice soft glow.

CincyFan

I just got the Smashbox VIP set from Sephora. It has Tint in it and OMG is it lovely. I'm wearing it today instead of Shimpagne and my skin is just glowing without the over the top shimmer.

I went ahead and bought Lens on ebay and I can't wait to use it.

DaizyDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyFan
I just got the Smashbox VIP set from Sephora. It has Tint in it and OMG is it lovely. I'm wearing it today instead of Shimpagne and my skin is just glowing without the over the top shimmer.

I went ahead and bought Lens on ebay and I can't wait to use it.

I personally think softlights are 200% better then msf's now that ive tryed them. Im going to purchase all of these once i get some more money.

NikkiHorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaizyDeath
I personally think softlights are 200% better then msf's now that ive tryed them. Im going to purchase all of these once i get some more money.

Gahhh!! Order 'em from me, I'll get you free shipping
smiles.gif
heart.gif
smiles.gif
heart.gif
smiles.gif
heart.gif
smiles.gif
!!

We also have a new soft-lights bronzer coming out soon called DUSK. I haven't worked with it much, but it looks freakin cool in the round.

(We used to have a bronzers called DAWN and DUSK from the Ray of Light Spring Collection but the new DUSK is different from the old one.)

And thanks for all the compliments on Smashbox, I agree you get much better color payoff out of the softlights vs. MSF's. Our primer is amazing, and so are our foundations. However, Fluidline is much better than our cream eyeliners, and MAC's eyeshadows and lipsticks are better.

I'm here to answer any Smashbox vs. MAC questions truthfully!

DaizyDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiHorror
And thanks for all the compliments on Smashbox, I agree you get much better color payoff out of the softlights vs. MSF's. Our primer is amazing, and so are our foundations. However, Fluidline is much better than our cream eyeliners, and MAC's eyeshadows and lipsticks are better.

Yeah im starting to branch out from mac for my face products beacuse im sad to say it but i havnt really been satisfied with most of them, I really wanted to love the MSF's and i own 5 of them :confused: but they just make my skin look all glittery and shiny which isnt exactly what i was looking for haha

I really want to go buy the green foundation primer since i have minor rosacia and when it was used on me my skin looked really good and all i had ontop of the primer was some loose powder which would have before never covered up all the redness in my face its just the price is soo expensive but i know ill get it anyways
smiles.gif

CincyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaizyDeath
I really want to go buy the green foundation primer since i have minor rosacia and when it was used on me my skin looked really good and all i had ontop of the primer was some loose powder which would have before never covered up all the redness in my face its just the price is soo expensive but i know ill get it anyways
smiles.gif

You should get the mini green primer from Sephora. It's actually a better deal. It's half the size (.5oz) for less than half the price. The full size (1oz) is 38 and the mini is 16.50. Plus, the squeeze tube makes it easier for travel. No worry about breakage.

I use the regular primer and buy the minis from the racks right by the registers at Sephora. They're only $15.50.

NikkiHorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyFan
You should get the mini green primer from Sephora. It's actually a better deal. It's half the size (.5oz) for less than half the price. The full size (1oz) is 38 and the mini is 16.50. Plus, the squeeze tube makes it easier for travel. No worry about breakage.

I use the regular primer and buy the minis from the racks right by the registers at Sephora. They're only $15.50.

:whattha: I didn't think we made the color corrector primers in the travel size...we only carry the regular clear primer in travel size at counter and that's the only kind they have online too. So sephora you say?
hmm.gif

Latest posts