Smithfield, NC CCO (Carolina Premium Outlets) *CLOSED*

attacuswings

Has anyone been to the CCO at the Carolina Premium Outlets in Smithfield? I've been begging some friends to accompany me there and I thought I would ask if it were worth it first!

TRUEFASHIONISTA

Re: Smithfield, NC CCO (Carolina Premium Outlets)

Hi! I used to go there quite often when I lived in Raleigh. They would usually have a decent amount of stuff largely b/c alot of people did not know about the store. However, the last time I was there was Xmas season of '04 so that may not be relative to now.

I would also suggest to go a mile or so down the road to the other outlet center. Not often, but every blue moon they would have some MAC goodies as well in their cosmetic section. Or they used to. I know I have scored some old school MAC shadows and lipsticks. And I am talking screw on fully detachable eye shadow tops and the original packaging for the lippies! They still worked fine for me. And I got them for a steal to boot. $3!!!
clap.gif
I bought two of everything they had. I also got some Versace make up there too. I still use the loose powder.

Good luck!

BadBadGirl

Wow I didn't even know they had a CCO at Smithfield. I shopped there all the time. I guess I spent too much time in the DKNY Jeans store when it was still open.

What is the name of the CCO?

suggrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEFASHIONISTA
I would also suggest to go a mile or so down the road to the other outlet center.

Could you provide any more info on where the other center is? If I'm going to drive out there, I'd love to hit up two centers instead of just one!
yahoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBadGirl
What is the name of the CCO?

All I can find is Cosmetics Company / Estee Lauder(919) 934-7474 (from outletbound.com), but the store is easy to find if you know where to look. I want to say it's over by the Coach outlet store, but unless you head over there, you're going to miss it by looking near the rest of the stores. I think that the addition that the cosmetics store is at is relatively newer than the rest of the complex, too. As far as my experience with the store, they don't like it if you swatch a lot of things, even if you do it hygenically.
th_rolleye0014.gif
And I don't remember there being a huge selection, since the store itself isn't very big, or it wasn't when I went there last year. I doubt they've moved, too. I'll probably go back this year, but I don't expect to find all that much.

kimone2004

The store in in the newer section of the outlet. It is near the coach store and right beside Ralph Lauren Kids and Tommy Hilfiger. The store has one counter dedicated to MAC. Always check the fishbowl at the checkout counter. There are usually palette refills there and discontinued shadows. I went 2 weeks ago and they have a good variety of things. Lots of Holiday stuff from last year, natural skinfinishes and brush sets. HTH

BadBadGirl

Ahh ok- thanks everyone I don't walk around the outlet, I just go to the same 3 stores- that's how I missed it.

kuuipo1207

Smithfield, NC CCO

Yaaayy!! So I've never been to a CCO before, nor had I ever heard of them til I joined specktra. After reading about them on here, I looked up my closest one (which is only about an hour away) and took a trek out there! Here's what I found!!

Glitter: Jam Session (they also had a turquoisey blue one that I can't remember the name of, and smaller jars of a yellow and pink one that I can't remember the names of.)

Pigments: The ones I got were Sunnydaze, Apricot Pink, Entremauve, Accent Red, Blue Storm (A64 batch...don't know if that means anything...i heard something about blue storm batches. I mean, I know what the batch number means, but ok yeah anyways. lol). The others that they had were ones that I already have or am getting later that aren't LE --- they were Lovely Lily, Softwash Grey, and Blue Brown. They also had quite a few of the Dress Sets from the end of last year in the warm colors.

They also had some e/s that I wasn't really interested in: Mancatcher, In Living Pink, Lavender Sky, Black Tied in a seafoam green pot, Innuendo, Beauty Sleep, and something I didn't expect to see----Interview/Purple-x Duo mineral e/s.

Anyways here's pics of what I got...just 5 pigments and 1 glitter.
clap.gif

P8140003.JPG

P8140002.JPG

P8140001.JPG

suggrr

Thanks to kuuipo1207's post, I figured a trip out to the CCO store wouldn't be a complete waste of time. But I didn't think I'd find so many cool things!
thmbup.gif

Stuff I saw but didn't get included: the set of 5 warm lipglasses for $20 from last year's holiday stuff (I think), the set of four shadesticks from the same time period that included Royal Hue, the set of warm pigments from that same time period too, a bunch of blushes in pot and Sunbasque in pan, a bunch of random foundations and concealers in different formulations, lots of lipliners, lots of Chromeglasses, some e/s including Mancatcher and Black Tied from Lure like kuuipo1207 mentioned as well as the mineralized duo, the cool eyes set from Patternmaker from last year, two quads (Take Wing from Untamed and Sweetie Cake), a set of three lipsticks (including See Sheer), some bags, a lip palette from last year's holiday stuff too, some beauty powders, a few brushes, some e/l with sparkles, a set of 3 lipgelees, a decent selection of pigments (including Pinked Mauve, Apricot Pint, Lovely Lily, and Entremauve) and a few glitters in vials and jars, one glitterliner... Basically nothing too earth-shattering, but it was really fun to paw through everything!

Stuff from other brands at the CCO- lots of single e/s from Clinique, some skincare that was barely discounted (we're talking $1 discounts) from them, some random Origins stuff, Bone cream e/s and Peony and Gold Shimmerbricks from Bobbi Brown (there was one more but I don't remember the name), some Prescriptives foundation and lipstuffs... I didn't look at the EL stuff much, so I can't report about it.

And as for Stila: Pussycat Dolls palette, two re:Orient palettes, a couple lipsticks, one Blackberry lipglaze and lip pencil set for about $16, lots of different brushes, a few lipsticks, two pan e/s without containers (one was Jade), and a silver can with the Stila girl on it in a blue outfit (?) and three brushes for about $30. There wasn't a lot of makeup available, but it seemed to me like there was a nice variety of Stila brushes available.

So I know what you're thinking... so what did I buy? So let's get on with that!
graucho.gif
This includes stuff for me and for my sister in law:

Fluidlines: Delphic, Haunting, Lithograph
Pigments: Accent Red, Blue Brown (I got the last one)
Face stuff: Desirous blush, Shell Pearl (gave this one a bad review but when I put it on (instead of the MA) I liked it!), Studio Stick foundation, Shock and Shine Glimmershimmer
E/s: Clinique's Peacock e/s
Lip stuff: EL Pure Color l/s in Raspberry Pop, Clinique Azalea l/g x2, Pulsesetter and Already Fab! Chromeglass, and Wild 'Bout You!!!!! I'd wanted that for months and finally found it!
cheerleader.gif

Hope you enjoyed reading about this CCO and what it has!
wavey.gif

kuuipo1207

Dang it...I was hoping they'd still have the Blue Brown by the time I got back to NC next month. lol. Great haul!
smiles.gif

MACa6325xi

I went to this CCO this past Saturday and picked up 209 eyeliner brush and Moth Brown eyeshadow( I didn't buy it when it came out). It was so crowded that I did not spend too much time looking around.

shootergirlnc

I just went there yesterday, and they had all the barbie eyeshadows, except for the green one. I bought the last refined enriched bronzer from the lure collection, shell pearl and sunsparked pearl beauty powders-they had TONS, retrodaze lipstick, pink freeze lipstick-from the belle azure collection, and 3 different bobbi brown shimmer bricks- peony, gold, and the last brownie they had. I saw some mini sets and a bunch of pigments that I already have. I may be going back this coming up weekend.

Shanns

I went Thanksgiving night and they had the blue and the green Softsparkle pencils, as well as some Barbie shadows, a few different eyeshadow quads and tons of shadows..

makeupwhore54

I was there last week and shockingly didnt get a thing. They had alot of BLM I think 2 shadows from Moonbathe and a shadow from Lure collection.

jazzymelanin

I went yesterday and picked up the following:

MAC

Accent Red, Softwash Grey, Entremauve pigments - $13.75
Delphic fluidline - $10.25
BeautyBurst, Fertile, Zeal e/s - $10
Delish l/s - $10

Stila

Pussycat Dolls palette - $21
Sun e/s - $10

Bobbi Brown

Best of Lip Palette - $24.50
Shimmer Brick Compact in Brownie - $26.75

They had a new shipment in that they were in the process of putting out.

neezer

okay so i just RACKED UP HARD at this store today!!

I got:

Aire De Blue
Cocomotion
Copperclast
Rushmetal
Entremauve (sp)
Gold Mode
Helium
Rose Metal
Rose
Subtle
Pinked Mauve
Lovely Lily
Pastorale
Off the Radar
Frost

and they had 4 MSFs but 2 was Gold Spill, the other two were Porcelain Pink and i got both...now why im not for sure but i just tried it on my face and i am offically ashy LOL

My camera is out of town so i will have to take pictures when i get it back!! but i defintely ran amuck and need to do something with all of this lol..

matsubie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neezer
okay so i just RACKED UP HARD at this store today!!

I got:

Aire De Blue
Cocomotion
Copperclast
Rushmetal
Entremauve (sp)
Gold Mode
Helium
Rose Metal
Rose
Subtle
Pinked Mauve
Lovely Lily
Pastorale
Off the Radar
Frost

and they had 4 MSFs but 2 was Gold Spill, the other two were Porcelain Pink and i got both...now why im not for sure but i just tried it on my face and i am offically ashy LOL

My camera is out of town so i will have to take pictures when i get it back!! but i defintely ran amuck and need to do something with all of this lol..

wow, ny needs to stock up like the carolinas. dayam.

neezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsubie
wow, ny needs to stock up like the carolinas. dayam.

lol...yeah they had ALOT of stuff...they had alot of Matte eyeshadows too, and MSF thingys...

Latest posts