smoke signals pigment

pepe

Hihi,
just recently I purchased some lovely samples of piggies
yes.gif
-lovely lilly ( absolutely gorgeous color ), copperclast, golden olive, revved up and smoke signals. The color of smoke signals is a wonderful color, very much my cup of tea, kinda a maroonish dark purple. And initially I loved the fact that it is matte.

I planned on using it as a crease color to bring out purple eyeshadows but the color pay off is not exactly what I expected. The texture is hard to blend, at least for me.
Did this pigment work well for you? Do you have any suggestions as to how to use it to bring out the potential of this piggie?

gigglegirl

I've found it to work well, but i usually use another pigment like vanilla to blend. i find it SUPER powerful, just a teeenny bit on your brush goes the long way. I like to put this one on earlier then other colours to kinda layer on top and blend with it.....lol i don't think i'm explaining it right....

pepe

^ that's so helpful of you. You explained it well don't worry. It is very intense and a little goes a long way. I'll take your tip and try. thank u
th_DANCE.gif

marinasmith

Try using a cream base before applying it. I find that the matte pigments don't "stick" to my skin as well as the sparkly ones.

iheartangE

What brush are you using? For me, I find that my matte pigments go on much better with a really stiff brush. I use MAC's 252 to pat them onto my lid (I looove Pink Vivid!) but for the crease, I use the 219 (pencil brush) and pat it onto the crease area I want to cover, then kind of sweep it around once it's patted on there. Then I blend like usual and I'm good to go.

Hope that helps you! I looove Smoke Signal but I never use it as often as I want to because I always forget about it haha!

tiramisu

also, do a search on the FOTD forum under the forum user macmama22 (I think that's her name)... she has two or so FAB looks using this smoke signals piggie that I know of specifically b/c they were that good.
th_wink3.gif

chocodcocoa

I either do a frosty shadow underneath or use another shadow over it to make it easier to blend...
Also if you use a base like UDPP make sure you apply it evenly... or when the smoke signals goes over it it will look blotchy =(

thelove4tequila

aboywearingmakeup over at youtube JUST posted a tutorial using this pigment! I'm actually watching it right now so you go to! lol.

Latest posts