Smokey eye with Embark?

Angelah

Has anyone done smokey eyes with Embark? I've never used a Matte eyeshadow for smokey eyes, so just wondering how it turned out? Post photos if you have any
smiles.gif

Also -- what are some good matte colors to use for smokey eyes?

IcePrincess2250

I've used it with the colours in the Patternmaker warm eye palette. Came up with some nice combos that worked really well with embark. My ma says I should try it with a purple, because of embark's undertones, but i haven't tried it yet.

koolkatz

I don't know what Embark looks like, but I used to use a matte e/s (Greystone) for a semi-smokey eye. They'll work!

ruby_soho

I've been doing alot of smokey eyes with Embark lately using Sunnydaze as a lid colour and Embark as crease and liner. It also works well if you add Blue Brown into the mix and line with Blue Peep, which I just posted a FOTD of.

ledonatella

I used it recently with Embark on the lid and around the eye, Quarry in the crease and Wishful as a base/highlighter. It brought out the taupey-plummyness of Embark. I used Buried Treasure PP as a liner.

scrapbookromance

greystone is hot with contrast e/s and softwashgray pigment (softwash on most of lid, contrast on outer third and crease, greystone outer V and smudged liner and a little into the crease, shroom highlight) - randomly did it on my friend one night at the beach and it turned out so much better than I thought, so I did it on myself the next night! if only I had some nice navy liner and mascara, oh that would have been sex-on-eyes

Mango

I had a makeover at MAC a few months back and the MA used Haux all over the lid, Arena to highlight, Embark as the crease colour and to line the upper and lower lashline.

Made a great brown smokey eye!