• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Smokey Gold tutorial

mzjae

This is my first tutorial on here so I don't know if I did well. Anyways, here you guys go...

Things you need:
- Eyeshadow base (UDPP)
- Benefit highbrow(optional)
- Corn shadestick
- Gold Dusk pigment
- Eyeshadows: Espresso, Goldmine, Amberlights, Shroom, Suspicion, Blacktied
- Blacktrack f/l
- Mascara
- Foundation, Powder & Bronzer
- Creamkiss c/l
- VGVI
- Springbean l/g
- Blush: Peachtwist
- Tools: 213, 266, 224, 205, 316, 129, 187 & a unknown fluff brush & powder brush

Start with a fresh face. Yeah, this is ugly. I'm all tired & crap. =P
1.jpg

Fill in your brows. I used Espresso for this.
2.jpg

Add your e/s base & blend it with fingers
3.jpg

After I add Benefit Highbrow. This is optional.
4.jpg

Now get some Shroom e/s & apply to your browbone
5.jpg

Then apply Corn shadestick to your lids only.
7.jpg

After apply Gold Dusk over Corn s/s
9.jpg

It should look like this now.
10.jpg

Now apply Goldmine to the inner lid w/ the 213
11.jpg

And now apply Amberlights to outer lid w/ the 213
34.jpg

It should look like this
12.jpg

Now pick up more Amberlights w/ the 224 & blend it between the middle of the lid & into the crease. I do it in sorta a windshield wiper motion & in small circles
13.jpg

It should look like this now.
14.jpg

Now take the 224 again & get some Suspicion & put it on your outer v & blend.
15.jpg

Then I take 224 again & get some Black Tied & put it over Suspicion to darken it more. Again, blend. =)
17.jpg

It'll look like this now...
18.jpg

Line the top lashline & waterline.
19.jpg

Curl your lashes.
20.jpg

Now I take the 205 brush & get some mascara on it. I paint my lashes instead of using a regular mascara brush. It separates the lashes instead of clumping them.
21.jpg

It'll look like this now.
22.jpg

Apply your foundation. I take some SFF w/ my 187 & apply it on my face while making a funny face.
23.jpg

After the foundation.
24.jpg

Now take your 224 to apply bronzer to contour your face. Make the fishy face so you can apply it to the hollows of your cheeks. Like this...
25.jpg

Now apply Peachtwist blush on your cheeks.
26.jpg

Line your lips with Creamkiss c/l
28.jpg

Fill with VGVI l/g
29.jpg

Finish your lips off with Springbean l/g
30.jpg

Since my cheeks look real bright, I lighten it by getting my Flirt skunk brush & blending it to make it softer.
31.jpg

Finish off with your powder. I used Medium Dark blot powder.
32.jpg

Then take a picture of yourself & post it on Specktra!
33.jpg

n_c

great tutorial...one question, what kind of hair is that 205 made out of?

mzjae

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_c
great tutorial...one question, what kind of hair is that 205 made out of?

I'm not sure what hair it's made out of. the 205 isn't even on the website. Try searching in specktra for it because I know there's a thread somewhere.

User67

You did an awesome job! It's so funny because this looks so much like my signature every day look! I use Goldmine on the lid, Romp & Espresso in the crease, Black Tied on the outer corners & Nylon or Dazzlelight to highlight. It looks just like yours but just the crease is darker. And has anyone ever told you that you look like Cheryl from Dancing With The Stars? You're so cute! Thanks so much for posting this! Okay, I'm done rambling now.....

mzjae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyla2120
You did an awesome job! It's so funny because this looks so much like my signature every day look! I use Goldmine on the lid, Romp & Espresso in the crease, Black Tied on the outer corners & Nylon or Dazzlelight to highlight. It looks just like yours but just the crease is darker. And has anyone ever told you that you look like Cheryl from Dancing With The Stars? You're so cute! Thanks so much for posting this! Okay, I'm done rambling now.....

Thank you!!! I want to see your everyday look! =] Oh man, you're like the 10th person to tell me I look like Cheryl. The first was my bf's mom. Then my bf saw her on Suite Life of Zack & Cody & he's all, "You look a lot like her!" Haha.

Latest posts