Smoky brown eyes?

annikay

Any recommendations for eyeshadows/palettes for the most gorgeous ever smoky brown eyes? I do love my MAC but any suggestions are appreciated thanks!!!
pretty.gif

For those you remember my "oh what blush will I get" post, I ended up getting Warm Soul! It is perfect, I love it!

Shenanigans

My usual brown smokey eye, listed as highlight, lid colour, crease/outer V colour:

~ Shroom, Woodwinked, Mulch (my absolute favourite!)

~ Vanilla pigment, Patina, Mulch

~ Vanilla pigment, Woodwinked, Sumptuous Olive (more bronze & green than brown)

~ Vanilla pigment, Patina, Sketch (more burgundy than brown)

My favourite self-made quad is Shroom, Woodwinked, Patina and Mulch - I get a couple of options depending how intense I feel.

annikay

Ooh Mulch does look gorgeous! I will definitely try that one as the darkest colour - liner/crease.
yahoo.gif

vocaltest

Patina
Satin Taupe
Twinks
Embark
Sable

Just a few of my fav browns... You MUST get satin taupe!

annikay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mena22787
i'm ganna add to this: can anyone post any pics of smokey brown eyes? tia!

Yes please!
thmbup.gif

Kiss and Makeup

I did a FOTD a couple of days ago that was a (mostly) brown smoky eye. I used a black eyeshadow along my lashline to make it look more dramatic, just because I don't have falsies to wear. I used the Ulta equivalent to Black Tied, Satin Taupe, Wedge, Vanilla pigment, and Gesso.

annikay

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
Patina
Satin Taupe
Twinks
Embark
Sable

Just a few of my fav browns... You MUST get satin taupe!

Satin Taupe going on the list...
drools.gif

lilmags816

Along with all the other awesome colors everyone has mentioned, I would add bronze to the list of smokey browns to get -- have fun with them!

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
brnsmky1.jpg

hot damn that girl is gorgeous. UUUGH!

i always do smoky browns and i can't give you a better suggestion than the tempting quad from cult of cherry. next to nothing on the lid/browbone, tempting in the crease and dark edge to deepen the crease is super amazing. but i don't know how easy it would be to get your hands on that quad, soo my other favourite is vanilla on the browbone, cork in the crease and ground brown (pro colour) on the lid blended upwards into cork. delicious!

silverbelle282

i really love my smoking eyes palette from the smoke signals collection. i feel that it's so versatile. it's next to nothing (le) for the hilight, which seems to me like a milky beige color, satin taupe (love it, and perm), showstopper (le, the dark brown version of carbon, but mac makes plenty of colors that are similar to this), and smoking- a black with gold sparkles (le, but like black tied).

i also think you should get mulch, beautiful medium brown on me. i'm also a fan of saddle for an interesting medium color

happy shopping
smiles.gif

ladyJ

I use...
ricepaper-highlight
wedge-crease
sable-over wedge and on lid
carbon-corner

I also do...
ricepaper-highlight
wedge-crease
tempting-over wedge and lid
woodwinked-corner

annikay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
brnsmky1.jpg

smkbrn.jpg

hth!

These two look amazing, and something I would wear (and could do hehe)! Thank you soooo much
curtsey.gif

Latest posts