Smudging Fluidliners

so_siqqq

Lately I've been really into smudging my eyeliner. Now, I know fluidliners can be smudged but how does one go about doing so because they dry pretty quickly once applied?

Shawna

I bought a cheapo brand smudger from London Drugs for $3. It is basically a stick with a hard sponge point on it. If you are fast, it works great. It also works great for eyeshadows. I also just saw that Cargo has a new brush specifically made for smudging. It's $35 canadian, but I checked it out and I can see how it would be amazing. I might get it if I can save up enough money. (in other words, not spend money on MAC, gulp) Sephora carries them.

jeanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
I use my #219 brush and work very quickly.

Same
smiles.gif

so_siqqq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
I bought a cheapo brand smudger from London Drugs for $3. It is basically a stick with a hard sponge point on it. If you are fast, it works great. It also works great for eyeshadows. I also just saw that Cargo has a new brush specifically made for smudging. It's $35 canadian, but I checked it out and I can see how it would be amazing. I might get it if I can save up enough money. (in other words, not spend money on MAC, gulp) Sephora carries them.

I saw that brush on the Sephora site too. It's quite expsenive at $32 USD. I may just buy the #219 brush.

Another question. Is the #219 brush like stiff/firm or kind of soft?

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by shygirl
I used a cotton swab.

I've tried that, but I must be too heavy-handed because I find I just end up pulling all my fluidline off. I definitely prefer brushes.

User20

Lise Watier has a pencil brush (like the 219) and it's only $14 CND. I swear by it for detailing and smudging liner.

litlaur

Since I don't have the 219, I apply it with an angled brush, then press the brush directly on the liner and drag down lightly. I hope that makes sense. I want the 219, though. I think that would make it much easier.

so_siqqq

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlaur
Since I don't have the 219, I apply it with an angled brush, then press the brush directly on the liner and drag down lightly. I hope that makes sense. I want the 219, though. I think that would make it much easier.

I thought about doing that with my 266 brush. The only thing stopping me is that I'm afraid I'm going to just make a thick line instead of a smokey/smudged line.