so after two & half months ...

baybehbekah

you're gonna laugh but my paperwork is taking sometime because of something i filled out was expired, i am not sure. so i had to go back and fill something out again and it delayed me getting an employee number! but hopefully i'll be able to start tomorrow!

i swear i am telling the truth! haha i was so ready to get to write my "first day" post! but soon i will!

i was bummed yesterday but it turned out good because i had a very busy weekend and i needed the rest.

smiles.gif
thanks for the love!

baybehbekah

ahhhh so! i finally had my first day
smiles.gif
there was an issue with my paperwork and that put a delay on getting an employee number, but i finally started! yay!

well, i started on a saturday, of all the days to start! it was crazy busy & my feet are still tender from all the running around i did. when i got there the manager gave me my mac jewelry, very exciting
smiles.gif
, and we walked around the floor to get an overview of where everything was. everyone that works there was super super sweet & nice! after only a minute of my manager showing me where things were he got busy with a customer. so, i just jumped right in! i was helping people and doing little mini-demos of lips & eyes and before i knew it, it was 2 hours into my shift. the counter i am at is in a macy's and i haven't been to their register training yet so after watching people do the register a few times i just jumped into doing ringing also. i have worked at bloomingdales before & the system was similar so it was easy to catch on, and since we were sooooo busy it helped out alot. it was so hot because the mall hadn't switched there heat to ac, and it has been warm outside lately, i literally sweated off my foundation! after my lunch break, my manager asked me if i felt comfortable enough to do an appointment and i said sure. i did a girl that was going out for her brother's birthday and wanted drama with alot of color. it was some what nerve racking because everyone was watching what i was doing, at one point my manager was standing there and i felt like i was doing my demo interview again! but he was very encourageing and liked what i did
smiles.gif
everyone that works there is an amazing artist and i am so excited to learn from them and better myself! the customer also liked her makeup & thats always the most important part
smiles.gif
about a half hour before my shift ended, the craziness died down a bit and i talked with a few other artist and they gave me a bunch of great tips!

i am feel very lucky to have scored such a cool counter to work at! at the end of my shift i walked out with my manager and he gave me a card. when we separted i opened it and it was a welcome card! it was so wonderful! everyone that works at the counter signed it and welcomed me to the mac world. it was so nice & i am looking forward to my next day of work! they even asked me if i was willing to work extra hours and i said of course, because i really need to be working full time.

so all in all it was a great first day! i feel very blessed with the crew of people that i get to learn from and work with! all i need to do now is wear my flats next saturday
smiles.gif

boudoirblonde

YAY! Thats so great
greengrin.gif

Im so glad you're loving it! Thanks for posting, now fingers crossed my counter rings me up! (I dropped in an app last week :p)

Latest posts