So confused! Please help!

eastsidesunset

My boyfriend and I are having a romantic dinner tomorrow (which I'm cooking, and oh boy am I at a loss there, haha) for our 5 month anniversary. I know it doesn't seem like much, but it took six years for us to get together (he was the high school sweetheart) and this is the longest relationship either of us has been in (that makes me sound super young, I'm actually 22 and relationship challenged, haha
rofl.gif
).

I want to do something really special, but I have no clue what to do. I'm wearing a black dress if that helps, but I could really use some suggestions. I was thinking a smokey eye but worried it might seem like too much for a night in.

I figure if he has to eat my cooking, I could atleast look pretty.
lmao.gif

TIA!

Shimmer

I would do something similar to the look Christina Aguilera is wearing these days b ut with a softer lip.
smiles.gif

whitnie

Hi!!

My opinion would be if you are already wearing black, maybe go for a little color with your makeup, the colors themselves can be left up to you based on what you like or we could give you recs based on what would look best with your eye color/skintone etc.....my other idea is that you can do a "no makeup" makeup look since you said you weren't sure since you were staying in and all. And my LAST idea for you is to go with a bold red lip (since red lipstick is the "little black dress" of makeup) with easy makeup on the eyes. Good Luck with dinner!
wavey.gif

eastsidesunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
I would do something similar to the look Christina Aguilera is wearing these days b ut with a softer lip.
smiles.gif

Thanks for the suggestion. She is looking so HOT these days!

eastsidesunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitnie
Hi!!

My opinion would be if you are already wearing black, maybe go for a little color with your makeup, the colors themselves can be left up to you based on what you like or we could give you recs based on what would look best with your eye color/skintone etc.....my other idea is that you can do a "no makeup" makeup look since you said you weren't sure since you were staying in and all. And my LAST idea for you is to go with a bold red lip (since red lipstick is the "little black dress" of makeup) with easy makeup on the eyes. Good Luck with dinner!
wavey.gif

I knew I left something out, haha. I'm a NW 15 I think (don't really use MAC for foundation and whatnot) or whatever the lightest color is. Me = big pastebag, haha. Brown eyes, dark brown hair. My friends call me Casper, oh well.

I was thinking of doing something colorful, but I haven't done colorful in months, so I'm out of practice! I'm open to suggestions. My colors are lonely! I like the idea of red lips, but they scare me. I have big a@! lips, and I always feel like a clown. Maybe I need to hit up MAC to find my perfect red. Oh darn, time to shop!
graucho.gif

DaizyDeath

if your afraid of doing red lips id suggest trying the russian red or venitian lip glass by mac it will give you the sexy look of red lips but its a little less scarry for beginners haha

and just try for a nuetral eye maybe put a little bit of shimmertime pigment on the eyes with a nice black liner and black doll like eyelashes.

i think that would look really preety
im also an NC15 but i actually like being pale and i avoid the sun like nobody else haha

eastsidesunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaizyDeath
im also an NC15 but i actually like being pale and i avoid the sun like nobody else haha

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to make sure to check that out when I go shopping.

I like being pale too. I live in sunscreen year round (SPF 40, haha). Not that I could tan if I wanted. My boyfriend makes fun of me because I never leave the house without a bottle of sunscreen. The other day he was all "OMG IT'S SEPTEMBER!" but I told him I couldn't risk the chance of ruining my perfectly pasty skin, haha.

Bootyliciousx

Yeah enhance your eyes or lips

go for a dark eye or a dark lip

concentrate on one feature and keep the rest simple

I think with a red dress a simple eyes and eyeliner black or brown or gray

with red lips would look so hot and elgant and simple

ebonyannette

I agree with the red lip, especially if you dont usually wear red lips it will give you a totally different look than how hes used to seeing you. Go for it girl!

Beauty Mark

Play up the feature you like best. If pure red lipstick isn't your thing, go with a stain or a more muted shade.

Smokey eyes isn't necessarily too much. Just keep it very soft.

lara

Well, I'll be the lone dissident and point out the obvious - red/dark lipstick and red/dark gloss has a tendancy to migrate when it comes into contact with anything fatty or oily, i.e. food.

When doing make-up for anything that involves eating, bring the focus to your cheeks or eyes and keep your lips soft and nude. My suggestion would be to bring some glam into your look by putting your hair into a tousled, sexy up-do, doing a very neutral eye (shroom all over, kid in crease for one example) with very groomed eyebrows, and bring the drama by curling your lashes and applying lashings of blue-black mascara. Nude beige or soft pink on the lips, with flushed blush on your cheeks.