So how do I wear parrot shadow now that I have it?

GalleyGirl

What's a subtle way to wear parrot?
th_dunno.gif
TIA

frocher

Smoking it out with neutrals or earth tones would make it more subtle. It's really not a very subtle color though, imo. It's flashiness is part of it's charm.

New2MAC_NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalleyGirl
What's a subtle way to wear parrot?
th_dunno.gif
TIA

You could do a neutral eye and maybe use it as a liner,... Maybe that would help you get used to the color.

Hilly

Today, I did a goldish color all over lid (from the 2007 metallic eyes pallet), parrot in the crease, and charred in the outer v. I blended my heart out!!!!

fingie

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2MAC_NC
You could do a neutral eye and maybe use it as a liner,... Maybe that would help you get used to the color.

I was also going to suggest the liner idea.
smiles.gif

iheartangE

You could do like, a really neutral eye and then put Parrot underneath your lower lashline...I do that all the time with my UD shadows
smiles.gif

And if you blend out the lower lashline it will make it look less harsh. Hope that helps!

athena123

I'm a subtle girl as well. Incorporated parrot into my natural daytime wear by applying neutral beige eyeshadow from lid to brow [Dr. Hauschka 01 Sunglow],MAC Ochre Style in crease to define and Parrot as an eyeliner along with Dr. Hauschka volumizing mascara in aubergine. Perfect look for the office.

This new years eve, however, there won't be ANYTHING subtle about my eyes and parrot will play a big part
yahoo.gif

There are a few tutorials featuring Parrot you may find helpful as well. Good luck enjoying this beeeyooootiful color!

Athena

quinntastic

I'm going to use it as a highlight under my lower lashes. It will brighten everything, and it's so pretty!