So I Had My Demo/oral Interview!!!!!!

Evey

Like the title says, I had my demo and oral interview at MAC yesterday. All in all I think I did good. The only thing she critiqued me on was filling in the brows (i forgot to fill them in) other than that she said I did really well. We did the oral part of the interview first and she asked me a few questions about myself, why I want to work for MAC, customer service, how my current job relates to working for MAC, etc. She then explained to me that she was going to have a part-time and full-time opening up soon and asked me which one I would be interested in. Then she told me if for some reason they don't open up if I would be interested in freelance or seasonal. After the oral we were off to do the demo. She asked me to do an everyday-going-to-work look and I had 30 minutes to do it. Once I did that she came over and inspected my work with her assistant manager and that's when she told me about the brows. She asked me what products I used starting with skincare. Then she asked me to do a really dramatic, dark lip. She picked out the colors I was to use and told me I had 5 minutes to do the lips and brows. I finished early and she was with a customer so, I started to clean up my station and put all the products back. She then came over with her assistant again and told me I did a really great job and that it looked really good. Then her assistant asked me what I used for the crease and I told her handwritten and she said, "THAT'S HANDWRITTEN?!, You have a really light hand." Then the manager agreed. That made me feel really good. After that she thanked me and told me she would call me to let me know when the positions open up so that we could take the next step. I thanked her for her time and for giving me the opportunity.

so now, I play the waiting game....AH I don't know what to think...

baybehbekah

well it sounds good to me
smiles.gif

i understand the waiting game completely, i waited 2 months! but it sounds like you did a good job and you deserve a spot at the counter!

goodluck
smiles.gif

Evey

I received a call from the manager last monday but she only told me taht she hadn't forgotten about me and that she would call me when the position opened up. It has been a week and a half since then and I still haven't heard anything from her...i'm sad =(

Latest posts