so i pressed a piggie with biosilk

NeonKitten

i had saw this youtube video where someone had pressed a pigment with biosilk and i thought hey if that worked that'd be cool. she said it make them creamy. well i have some time off before i start cosmetology school so i've been like a mad scientist in my lab (bathroom hee hee) mixing up different things. so i'm gonna show you want it looks like when you press with biosilk and when you press using glycerin and alcohol. i pressed the bright pink starpowder from mufe. Just a note to those who don't know if you press a pigment that is not MAC then you should use glycerin and alcohol as mac pigents have a binder in them already but others don't thats what the glycerin is for.

CIMG0427.jpg

Glycerin/alcohol on left...Biosilk on right
CIMG0429.jpg

again gly/acho on left...biosilk on right w/ flash
CIMG0431.jpg

same pic as above but no flash

you can see the biosilk does make it creamy but it washes out the color where as the gly/acho doesn't it actually is very creamy and has a crazy vibrant look to it and it stays sooo long. be sure to use a base before applying to lid as it does stain!

Hope this helped someone...lol

TISH1124

That is interesting...Looking at my bottle of Biosilk and going really!!! It does make a big diff in the color though so it kind of defeats the purpose....

Dreamergirl3

In a way I'm glad it didn't work out because Biosilk is expensive! Had it worked I'd be going through Biosilk even faster than I usually do, heh heh.

NeonKitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
In a way I'm glad it didn't work out because Biosilk is expensive! Had it worked I'd be going through Biosilk even faster than I usually do, heh heh.

you know i got lucky i went to target and they had a set of the shampoo,conditioner, and the silk treatment for only $26!! i was like woah...they are the big bottles too