So I was browsing asos.com...

BrittanyD

And I stumbled across their beauty section and looked at the Urban Decay. I was looking at the products in US Dollars (they have options but when you first go to the site it's in British pounds). I found that a lot of the UD products were cheaper than at Sephora and on urbandecay.com. Now some were only maybe not even a dollar less...but hey, you save. Others, you'd save a few bucks. Like for example, the 5 mini eye pencil sets they have for $29. On asos.com, they were $25.60. A couple of products, like the Deluxe eyeshadows are a little more than the regular price. I thought that was kinda weird.
th_dunno.gif

I don't know if it's like that because of me changing the currency, so if you know, please tell me.

Korms

I did some currency converting myself and you were correct as far as I can see, the only thing to remember here is that ASOS is based in the UK so where you might save on the cost of the product, you will most likely get stung for shipping to the US.

From a UK gals perspective, it's kinda nice to see that we are getting something cheaper over here as we normally pay double the US price for higher end stuff like MAC and UD!

Also, the value of the pound is falling at the moment due to the economy so I think that has something to do with the gap closing on UK/US prices (eg, the UD liner sets are £16 which would have been worth over $30 a few months ago, now it's only about $25). I'm not good at explaining stuff like this though so if anyone else here is hot on financial issues maybe they can interpret what I'm on about!

locoboutcoco

its generally a lil cheaper because they keep the stock at the warehouse instead of displaying it at a shop which costs more to operate so thats how they can sell it a little bit cheaper...

when you pay for p+P tho it evens out and you dont really save that much
Also asos base their prices in pounds and then just convert the amount at the average exchange rate of the month so if the pound is weak euro/dollars is cheaper!!

oh and ditto about the prices being doubled over here, its madness
i live in ireland and the prices are crazy like a studio fix found. is around 33euro and eyeshadows are like 16euro!! with the pound being weak at the mo were driving up to belfast and doing all of our shopping up there and saving some serious schekles!!!

also, heading to new york in 2 weeks and im stocking up like nobodys business!! im gonna clear the cco out! ha!!

oh and to conclude, how amazing is asos in general??!!.. thier own brand platforms are fierce and bargainous!! wish it were a regular store ya could just walk into whenever you went shopping!!!

LMD84

yes it is nice to see that we uk people get something cheaper for once!
tong.gif
and yes the reason why it's cheaper is because it's a warehouse rather than actual store!
smiles.gif