So many eye pencils!

Ang9000

Sorry, me again. I want to get a brown eyeliner pencil, but I'm confused! There are so many different types! Power point, eye pencil, eye kohl & Technakohl. What is the difference & which is best?

Thanks!

Amaranth

Technakohl and PowerPoint are the more waterproof, longer-lasting liners. You can smudge them a little before they dry, but they are not waterline safe. The eye kohls and pencils are softer and are very easy to smudge, but they are not smudge-proof like the previous two liners. I personally like the PowerPoint ones the best, because I can smudge them and they won't move, plus they're easier to sharpen than the Technakohl ones. Though the Technakohl ones are a close second.

stacylynne

I like both the Technakohl and PowerPoint b/c reg eye liner on me, it will smudge & I don't want to have raccoon eyes I also love the fluidline. Fluidline is waterproof as well & not rec. for the waterline either. Go into the store & try all 3. walk around & see which 1 you like the best for you.

ZoeKat

I like eye kohls the best because I like to smudge my liner, and it works well for me in the waterline. If you like the kohl formula, I would highly recommend Teddy. It's the best brown pencil I've ever used.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranth
Technakohl and PowerPoint are the more waterproof, longer-lasting liners. You can smudge them a little before they dry, but they are not waterline safe.

you're right about powerpoints being waterproof and not for the waterline. however, technakohls aren't waterproof and can be used for the waterline.

Amaranth

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
you're right about powerpoints being waterproof and not for the waterline. however, technakohls aren't waterproof and can be used for the waterline.

Yeah, I totally worded that wrong, I went back later and added Technakohl to the sentence I had originally written about PowerPoint. But Technakohl lasts a really long time on me, I'd say it's comparable to the PowerPoint...I'm not arguing with you, I believe you, but...just sayin' haha.

Ang9000

Thanks for that! So will technakohl or Eye Kohl stay on the waterline? Or am I better off with Urban Decay 24/7 Pencils for the waterline?

sofabean

i think technakohl is safe for the waterline, but powerpoint isn't.

powerpoint stays on my waterline, but the outer corners will fade a little since that's where my eyes are most wet

technakohl smudges on me like crazy on both my waterline and my upperlash line
ssad.gif