So Original l/s & Flight of Fancy l/g

Shoe Crazy

I bought both of these without seeing them first. I have been so busy that buying online has been my only means of getting MAC. I was so happy that they had released some new plum shades because that is what I have been looking for lately. Well they are both so incredibly dark on me. I can't even get the lipglass to work for me.

Has anyone else tried these shades? How are you making them work for you?

caroni99

These were the only two lip colours in the NE collection that I liked and they were so dark on me (and I usually can wear dark lippies) that I returned them.Light lip colours tend to make me look dead so I'm very excited anytime MAC comes out with a collection that has colours that look "alive". I'm hoping the plums in the Ornamentalism collection are little more up my alley.

Juneplum

i must agree.. esp flight of fancy.. i had no idea it would be so dark on me too! sometimes they look dark in the tube, but apply lighter.. this one however is just way too dark!

sigwing

I love the So Original. Have you tried using a brush or even your finger to apply it more lightly maybe?

So Original is the only thing I've allowed myself to get from NE so far. I like it and I'm a dark haired, brown eyed ppp (prob NW15).

I agree it is very dark, but I like the colour by itself. Not so keen on the texture though, just because it's slightly glittery and seems to not go on exactly even, so I've been wearing clinique lipgloss in mystic over it, which is also a plum although not as dark.

Try it with a lighter gloss over, a light pink in the family of oyster girl etc might work to lighten it up. Don't give up though, I think the colour is gorgeous.

Shoe Crazy

Thanks everyone I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way. The color is gorgeous and I won't give up on it until I make it work. I never thought about using a lipstick brush to apply it I will give that a try as well.

user4

Try Flight Of Fancy With A Nude Color Lipstick... I Put It Over Siss And It Looked So Nice!