So You Think You Can Dance!

MzzRach

Who else is obsessed with this show? The new season just started, and this coming week is "Vegas week" where the top 20 get chosen.

I have watched the last 3 seasons and just love it (my faves last season were Katie & Joshua). Who else is looking forward to this new season?

joey444

I love love love this show! I love the songs that the choreographers choose and of course the dances. I was desperately waiting for American Idol to be over so SYTYCD would start. I loved Joshua last year but I wasn't too fond of Katie. I loved Chelsea...

pdtb050606

I LOVE SYTYCD..my fav last year was probably Twitch. I especially love all the dances Mia Michaels does. It's always set to record on my dvr
smiles.gif

gigglegirl

I LOVE SYTYCD!! Especially the R&B type dances, love love love them! oh and my top faves are the group dances!! I loved dances choreographed by Tabitha & Napoleon, Wade Robson, and the newcomer last season of Sonya.

I found it hilarious during the audition rounds when Tyce was making his comments. Entertaining!!

I'm so happy we'll have another one to look forward to this fall!!!

gildedangel

I love this show. Usually with shows like this I love the filtering out portion where people come to audition. I love hearing bad singers on American Idol, but I actually don't like the auditioning for this show. I always feel so bad for the people who took years and years of lessons and are still terrible, but their instructors tell them that they are great. And people get hurt too. Otherwise I absolutely love this show, it is so much fun to watch people dance completely different styles and it keeps the show really interesting!

chocolategoddes

This is one of the only competition shows I actually watch pass the audition phase. It's so entertaining to watch such talented dancers snd how they are able to move their bodies in incredible ways.

Sometimes, during commercials, I like to imitate the dance moves I saw on the show. I usually end up pulling a muscle or two. :/

ashk36

I freakin loooove watching the auditions, the poppers and lockers always amaze me. I cannot look away from the tv. Then there was one girl on the other day who did some off the wall kind of creepy moves, she was asian I think, with a rose in her hair? Yeah I didn't want her to stop dancing.

joey444

OMG!! Tyce's comments were hilarious! He is sooo Broadway. Ooohh, I can't wait to see what Mia and Sonya choreagraph this season. Sonya is so quirky and weird, I just love her and Mia, well she's a league of her own...AMAZING!

bea_16

I love this show! My favorite dances are usually the ones that wade choreographs. So excited for the top 20 this week!

BBJay

OMG. I am in love with this show. I've been watching it since the first season with Nick and Melody <3. I loved Chelsea and Joshua from last season. Katie kinda grew on me. I'm really glad to see more of Tyce this season. His pieces are always so much fun. Words can't even describe Mia Michaels. Hometown Glory is still one of my alltime favorite pieces.

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
I love this show. Usually with shows like this I love the filtering out portion where people come to audition. I love hearing bad singers on American Idol, but I actually don't like the auditioning for this show. I always feel so bad for the people who took years and years of lessons and are still terrible, but their instructors tell them that they are great. And people get hurt too. Otherwise I absolutely love this show, it is so much fun to watch people dance completely different styles and it keeps the show really interesting!

I agree - I can't wait to get to the main performance part of the show.

I feel like this show really educates about so many different styles of dance.

Dahlia_Rayn

I love love this show for all the reasons listed above, but also I always discover wicked good music. It seems like the choreographers find lesser known artists and such, I love it so much! Some of the dances too...I honestly think Sonya is my favorite choreographer!

V2LUCKY

I love SYTYCD, one of my fav show....it's one of the few shows DH and I watch together.....I didn't think Joshua should have won last season though, I was rooting to Twitch or Katie.......I think that choreographer Sonya is weird but there's something about her that draws me to her, I like her. I can't wait for the top 20!

joey444

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
I have a bit of a girl crush on Sonya. I think it's the hair that does it.
blush-anim-cl.gif

You and me both!! I think she's so freaking pretty...and I love her style..

Manda-la

I freaking love SYTYCD, definitely one of my favourite shows! I've been watching it since season 2, I was in love with Benji for so longgggg
tong.gif
I absolutely love watching the "contemporary" dancers, but I find that they look too much the same, they've all kinda ripped off that kinda broken Mia Michaels style, which bothers me some. But this season seems to have some fresh talent like the kid with his brother who are all broadway/old hollywood style jazz dancers. I'm excited for top 20!

carandru

Omg, can I say that I love love love love love love this show. I didn't watch the very first season, but every season after has made it way on to my DVR. I even have past seasons saved on my computer.

Dance is my passion and 1st love so of course I love just about anything to do with it....especially when people do it well! I mean, sometimes these people just dance as if they were born to do it, as if it's the way the breathe and seriously, that just takes my breath away.

Travis is still my favorite by the way. I don't recall a dance style that he couldn't do and that crump routine he did...lol, I think that turned me on a little bit.... and OMG I was so excited when Hawk (my hubby's all time fav) and Dominique (D-trix) were on America's best Dance crew (AND WON!!). O and can we please talk about Will from last season? I loved him and Katie together b/c their styles just fit so well. Joshua and Twitch (did you notice him in hairspray?) were definitely beasts on the dance floor as well.

I'm excited to see what the choreographers come up w/ for this season. I really like Sonya's style, and Mia Michaels choreography is just crazy beautiful. And can't wait to see if Shane sneaks in there too. He doesn't do too much since he started judging America's Best Dance Crew. I do have to say that I don't really care for Tabitha and Napolean's choreography though... I don't know why....their dances don't really say hip hop to me lol. IDK.

P.S. One of my roomies from college trained w/ Mia Michaels! Seeing her choreography on tv is almost nothing compared to seeing it live. *faints*